Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Lounge access Gatwick

I understand BA are currently operating out of the North terminal. I understand they are using the aspire lounge. Has anyone been through it yet, is it bog standard aspire or have BA made any enhancements. Just wondering as I don't recall the lounge being that great and may cut my losses and book no1 clubrooms
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:21 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Alun
I understand BA are currently operating out of the North terminal. I understand they are using the aspire lounge. Has anyone been through it yet, is it bog standard aspire or have BA made any enhancements. Just wondering as I don't recall the lounge being that great and may cut my losses and book no1 clubrooms
You do realise on here that an "enhancement" of anything BA means a reduction to that previously. If you were disappointed with bog standard Aspire anyway and BA have enhanced it you could safely assume it will now be worse
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Lots of useful lounge and flying experience on the main Covid threads....

Your COVID-19 travel experiences on BA: Q3 2020

Particularly this one

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...confirmed.html
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by Alun
Clubrooms still closed I’m afraid. Aspire and (from tomorrow) the main No.1 Lounge are the only lounges open at LGW.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Aspire very average. Hoping that the No1 lounge will be better...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:26 pm

From my experience they seemed to just be allowing ba travellers in the lounge ie. no PP etc. and they were turning away people on my way in there. Other than that fairly standard and as I think I read on the lounge thread, they are doing wrapped bacon / sausage rolls, few pastries etc but pretty basic. Cleaning routine was good but they didn’t repleanish stuff quickly, I had to ask for cups and knives whilst I was there.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Full hot breakfast of bacon, sausages, mushrooms, beans and toast available this morning.... in. The Aspire lounge..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.