Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA lounge reopenings from 4th July (confirmed)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 4, 20, 6:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Jase76
Wiki Link
British Airways Lounges
London Heathrow Terminal 5
Galleries First and Concorde Terrace (open daily 05:00 to 22:00, Concorde Terrace open for Concorde Room-eligible passengers)
Galleries Club South (open daily 05:00 to 22:00)
Galleries Club North (open daily 05:00 to 14:00)

Amsterdam British Airways Lounge (open daily from 09:00 to 19:00)
Berlin Tegel Terraces (open daily from 10:30), (additional reports that it is not open or not open daily - not open Sun 2nd Aug)

Non-BA oneworld lounges
Dallas Fort Worth American Airlines Admirals Club D24
Hong Kong Cathay Pacific The Wing First Class Lounge (accepting First/Club World ticket holders and Emerald/Sapphire card holders)
Los Angeles American Airlines Admirals Club Terminal 4 ( 15-minute walk from BA gates each-direction )
Miami American Airlines Admirals Club D30

Third party lounges
Bologna MBL Business Lounge
Gibraltar Calpe Lounge
Istanbul IGA Lounge
Jersey Executive Lounge

London Gatwick Club Aspire North Terminal
Malaga Sala VIP
Nice The Infinity Lounge
Palma de Mallorca Sala Valldemossa (airside, but before departure passport control)
Prague Mastercard Lounge
Split Split Airport Business Lounge
Olbia Airport Club Lounge (open just after security, but before passport control. However BA have not renewed contract so entry via Priority Pass)
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 15, 20, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

Does anyone have any insight or views on when BA will start to reopen its lounges. I am not asking about capacity issues and social distancing, just when the lounges will actually return to service.

I had heard that the First Wing and the GF would both reopen on 1 July but I canít say my source is the most reliable. He works for BA and normally gets it right about 80% of the time.....
Old Jun 15, 20, 10:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I have no idea but would hope CCR will reopen Aug 1 or Sept 1... can't wait for travel to restart. Just booked another QR trip for July
Old Jun 15, 20, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC
A guess would be in line with the UK Govs reopening of the hospitality industry around the 4th July. So the 1st could well be right.
Old Jun 15, 20, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In some other posts on this issue I suggested it would be a week or two after Step 3 which is currently down for 4 July. I doubt Step 3 can be brought forward (though Step 2 effectively was) since there is a review ongoing for the physical distancing guidelines and that needs to complete in enough time for the hospitality sector to work out the operational implications. Having said that, I've been through the Statutory Instruments, and it's not clear that lounges are forbidden: there are interdictions on places selling food and drink, and private members clubs too, but not specifically airport lounges. Since the doors of the CCR are open to all* and no charge is made for the food and drink therein, it may not be illegal to open on 1 July.
Spoiler

Old Jun 15, 20, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer View Post
Does anyone have any insight or views on when BA will start to reopen its lounges. I am not asking about capacity issues and social distancing, just when the lounges will actually return to service.

I had heard that the First Wing and the GF would both reopen on 1 July but I canít say my source is the most reliable. He works for BA and normally gets it right about 80% of the time.....
Current timeline is not 1 July
Old Jun 15, 20, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
In some other posts on this issue I suggested it would be a week or two after Step 3 which is currently down for 4 July. I doubt Step 3 can be brought forward (though Step 2 effectively was) since there is a review ongoing for the physical distancing guidelines and that needs to complete in enough time for the hospitality sector to work out the operational implications. Having said that, I've been through the Statutory Instruments, and it's not clear that lounges are forbidden: there are interdictions on places selling food and drink, and private members clubs too, but not specifically airport lounges. Since the doors of the CCR are open to all* and no charge is made for the food and drink therein, it may not be illegal to open on 1 July.
Spoiler

Love the spoiler
Old Jun 15, 20, 12:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR View Post
Current timeline is not 1 July
Are you able to expand? I do appreciate you may not be able to, and that’s okay too
crazyarmadillo and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Jun 15, 20, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by tobias-uk View Post
are you able to expand? I do appreciate you may not be able to, and thatís okay too
🇺🇸
Old Jun 15, 20, 12:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Speedbird989 View Post
🇺🇸
How beautifully hidden - does this include CCR?
Old Jun 15, 20, 7:19 pm

I assume Arrivals Lounge at LHR will be out of service for a while! (particularly because I’ve heard of reopening lounges with showers seem to have closed the showers)
Old Jun 15, 20, 10:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
I assume Arrivals Lounge at LHR will be out of service for a while! (particularly because Iíve heard of reopening lounges with showers seem to have closed the showers)
I think as very long and tiring itineraries are more likely in covid-flight-deprived era showers are needed more than before. And with lower pax number they should have plenty of time to clean and disinfect... go figure!
Old Jun 15, 20, 11:20 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
So if the lounge offering is similar to pre closure, you could have better food in the lounges than onboard?
af fp and Speedbird Julie like this.
Old Jun 16, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: OWE, *G
I wouldn't mind only sealed food and beverage containers (small bottles of wine and spirits), as long as the First Wing opens up again soon.
Old Jun 16, 20, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
My guess would be early/mid July for one lounge to be opened, perhaps two at a push numbers depending. I can actually see arrivals opening up fairly soon afterwards too. First would be the most obvious choice initially, with the terrace potentially used for the usual CCR passengers. I imagine everything will be table service, no matter what one's status may be.

It also remains to be seen how any form of hospitality would yet be worked in airports where the operators have a policy of mandatory face masks.

I'm pretty confident in stating that lounges in the UK will not be opening for hospitality on the 1st July though.
Old Jun 16, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Are you able to expand? I do appreciate you may not be able to, and thatís okay too
I can't say anything more, but once details are finalised then the relevant information will be shared.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: