Search

Mini-Rant. "Enjoy your Menu!"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:40 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
“The world’s most expensive chicken (mayonnaise) sandwich. Enjoy!“
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Jambon87
I wish I had known that last week. I am sure it would have paired quite well with the Nicholas Feuillatte champagne
Is Feuillatte low quality bubbles? I'm by no means a champagne connoisseur, and maybe they have a variety of labels of differing quality, but the bottle of Feuillatte I bought a few years back was the nicest I've ever had. It was in the $40-$50 range if I recall correctly at Costco (USA).
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Maybe instead BA should quote Donald Trump on the box. "It is what it is."
I'm not trying to go OMNI by bringing up Donald Trump but the resigned and indifference in that quote is quite fitting for a CE box.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc
I think the use of “menu” vs “meal” is a worse travesty than the exclamation mark.
indeed. The exclamation is mildly annoying. The use of the word menu is completely and utterly wrong.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
I tend to agree with the OP...but language, for better or worse, doth evolve as thoust should all knoweth and to try and make a stand is futile and ultimately just too stressful.

Last edited by Soupdragon62; Sep 10, 2020 at 3:05 pm
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Is Feuillatte low quality bubbles? I'm by no means a champagne connoisseur, and maybe they have a variety of labels of differing quality, but the bottle of Feuillatte I bought a few years back was the nicest I've ever had. It was in the $40-$50 range if I recall correctly at Costco (USA).
It’s the champagne du jour of BA CE. A suitable alternative should you run out of antifreeze during winter

At one point you could buy a bottle for £15 from the local Tesco. It’s not the nicest, there are far superior bubbles out there. Moet Imperial Nectar being one of them for me.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sxc
I think the use of “menu” vs “meal” is a worse travesty than the exclamation mark.
This. Just this.

Oh and the use of the words ‘Covid friendly’
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
It’s the champagne du jour of BA CE. A suitable alternative should you run out of antifreeze during winter

At one point you could buy a bottle for £15 from the local Tesco. It’s not the nicest, there are far superior bubbles out there. Moet Imperial Nectar being one of them for me.
To be fair it retails at around £20 in the UK supermarkets and around €25 in France. They couldve done worse but they could also do a lot better, but I doubt they’d get the same deal on Laurent Perrier La Cuvée for a job lot at the cash and carry as they have the NF.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Gig103
It’s at the cheap end of named champagnes BA could offer, but I think it’s perfectly pleasant. I can think of far worse. I’d never buy it now but used to drink a lot of it when I was at university. NF or Perrier Jouet was always on a 3 for 2 offer at Oddbins.

I don’t rate NF as badly as you, plus there’s no way Moët would give BA as good a deal as they have presumably got from their current supplier.

Originally Posted by cameramaker
To be fair it retails at around £20 in the UK supermarkets and around €25 in France. They couldve done worse but they could also do a lot better, but I doubt they’d get the same deal on Laurent Perrier La Cuvée for a job lot at the cash and carry as they have the NF.
I haven’t liked LP NV since they changed the blend and brought in the La Cuvee branding. The vintage is still good and the rosé remains gorgeous, but the house standard is quite meh IMHO.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 4:25 pm

I am rather fond of the ! and it certainly is not shouting. I also use the ; frequently but then I am well educated.

I will be enjoying again BA in four days time, first time for six months, and can report back on bubbles and menus (flying Y but still silver plated)!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
It is good to have a !!!!!! thread, especially as it then bounces off every wall and ends up somewhere else.
On one of the comments, above, I still don't understand why people here get frustrated when their favourite £££££ bottle of booze isn't available in the lounge or on board, at any time not just during this pandemic.
Are frequent flyers' priorities different? Do they just drink expensive alcohol while flying or also at home?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You know I just realised something. There is no real translation for two key expressions that have entered the English Language. One is Bon Voyage, and the other is Bon Appetit!
I suppose we should be grateful they didn't just translate Bon appetit to Good appetite!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84

I don’t rate NF as badly as you, plus there’s no way Moët would give BA as good a deal as they have presumably got from their current supplier.

I agree, I don’t think Moet is in any way near BA’s price range. I think NF is probably too much for them also, perhaps a cash and carry bulk deal for some of Lidl’s finest, might be suited to BAs revenue team

I jest at the expense of NF, it’s a perfectly serviceable champagne, though in its current format being dispensed with a plastic cup, doesn’t enhance its taste anymore.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I'd rather enjoy eating the food than eating the menu, but that's just me. I expect the menu is rather dry and tastes like cardboard.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
The Vistara line of "What's in the box is out of the box" could be more appropriate.

TBH tho, this has had me chuckling from the beginning, as it keeps reminding me of a long-running joke originating from my best friend's wedding. The (substitute) bartender at the hotel thought that rye whisky was wine, and thus poured me an entire glass of it, almost to the rim in fact. Beaming, he handed it across to me and said gleefully (but also ominously):
"Enjoy your wiiiine!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.