Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by drmish1
Although I note that the link does not explain where/what facility constitutes the 'isolation facility'..... I presume this is not a hotel on the Palm however...
It might be. There had been designated hotels at which one could book quarantine rooms, inclusive of room service meals.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are the rules as explained (not very clearly, unfortunately) by The National, the leading English-language newspaper in the UAE:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...habi-1.1097302
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Do we know if the PCR test on arrival at DXB for pax coming from UK/Germany is available for BA flights?

I am due to fly near the end of the month and not sure how I will be able to get a PCR in England with the new lockdown measures if I need one.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, Hilton Honors
PCR Test on Arrival at DXB

I believe that the PCR test on arrival is available to any passengers from the UK, irrespective of the airline they arrive on.

However, it might be worth using IqDoctor in the UK for your PCR Swab Test prior to departure because I got the impression that they would be continuing to operate through November.

Email them and ask the question, because I they always respond promptly to any questions.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saligo
Do we know if the PCR test on arrival at DXB for pax coming from UK/Germany is available for BA flights?

I am due to fly near the end of the month and not sure how I will be able to get a PCR in England with the new lockdown measures if I need one.
The lockdown rules permit you to leave home for a medical appointment. I am at a lab getting tested this very moment for my Saturday flight to DXB.
Will100 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Blumie
The lockdown rules permit you to leave home for a medical appointment. I am at a lab getting tested this very moment for my Saturday flight to DXB.
Don’t blame you. Get away from this mess if you can.

Sure you’ll be on business so absolutely fine 🤔
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:53 am

Called the YouFirst line earlier about another booking. Asked at the end whether a negative PCR test was required before departure since Dubai is now allowing test on arrival for UK passengers. The agent said that BA abide by whatever rules the destination country has, so no test would be required by BA. Good news.

Does anyone who has been to DXB recently know how long the wait for the test result typically is? I am fine to wait around in my hotel for a half day or so, but don't want to be waiting multiple days as I have meetings. Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called the YouFirst line earlier about another booking. Asked at the end whether a negative PCR test was required before departure since Dubai is now allowing test on arrival for UK passengers. The agent said that BA abide by whatever rules the destination country has, so no test would be required by BA. Good news.

Does anyone who has been to DXB recently know how long the wait for the test result typically is? I am fine to wait around in my hotel for a half day or so, but don't want to be waiting multiple days as I have meetings. Thanks.
I landed in Dubai this morning. Unlike my visit in September, when I was not asked to show my test results at DXB (although I had been required to show them when checking in with BA), after clearing passport control at DXB they did have people checking for test results. I showed mine and was sent on my way to baggage reclaim, but I did see a sign directing people without test results in a different direction, presumably to be tested. Because I had a negative test before I left London, I do not know what the process is. That said, for work reasons I had to obtain another test once I arrived in Dubai. I went directly from DXB to the Emirates Specialty Hospital, a 10-minute drive. I arrived around 8:45am to find a very well organized setup for testing, was in and out in less than half an hour, and received an sms with my negative result at 3:45pm, about seven hours after my test.

If at all possible, I would encourage you to get tested before leaving London. I do think if you were tested upon arrival at DXB you'd have your results within a day, but I'd be concerned that BA would give you a hard time at checkin, notwithstanding what you were told by the YouFirst line. On both of my recent LHR-DXB flights, the BA checkin agents were very dutiful about checking both my health declaration form (which I was not asked for on either arrival at DXB) and my negative PCR test. You are right that the negative PCR test no longer is a requirement, but it may take some effort to convince the front-line agents of that. And of course obtaining the test in London would eliminate any risk of delay at DXB.

If you sign up and pay for your test at the purehealth website (https://purehealth.ae/international-...ger-screening/), you should be able to get a convenient appointment at the Unilabs location in London. I've done it twice there now, and you are pretty much assured of having your results the next afternoon (weekends excluded).
Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:50 pm

If you sign up and pay for your test at the purehealth website (https://purehealth.ae/international-...ger-screening/), you should be able to get a convenient appointment at the Unilabs location in London. I've done it twice there now, and you are pretty much assured of having your results the next afternoon (weekends excluded).
Thanks Blumie, all this information is extremely helpful. I will get myself tested in London to save myself the time/effort at both LHR and DXB.

Could I ask how much the PCR test costs with Purehealth? I cannot find anything on their website without entering passport details (unless I'm missing something).
Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
I flew back into DXB on Thursday and would second what Blumie has to say. My PCR test was diligently checked to be within 96 hours at check in at MAN and then again checked in LHR as part of the (chaotic) boarding process. I would be very concerned at showing up for a BA flight without a test in hand, there is a very good chance of being turned away. I would at least want someone at BA to confirm what they now believe the rules are on their IT systems rather than a generic statement saying they will be applying the local rules.

I would not have the same concerns on Emirates who have the entry rules clearly showing on their website. That said, I would say the queue for testing looked horrific at DXB stretching 100s of passengers deep. It could also be that EK is funding the tests at DXB T3 hence why other airlines are still requiring a test. Getting clarity on things like that just isn't possible in this part of the world.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could I ask how much the PCR test costs with Purehealth? I cannot find anything on their website without entering passport details (unless I'm missing something).
I do not remember exactly, but do think it's reasonable relative to what you'd pay elsewhere in London. I'm thinking somewhere around US$150.
By the way, to schedule an appointment with Unilabs, you have to email, which is kind of annoying, but they're pretty responsive. When I was at their office on Thursday, I was the only one there, so I suspect they are fairly flexible on dates and times.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not remember exactly, but do think it's reasonable relative to what you'd pay elsewhere in London. I'm thinking somewhere around US$150.
I just looked it up. I was charged US$156.19, so it must be something like 575 AED (or around £120).

BTW, if you need to get tested in Dubai, Emirates Specialty Hospital charges AED 220, or about £46 (or AED 200, around £42, if you come during the slower overnight hours).
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blenz101
I flew back into DXB on Thursday and would second what Blumie has to say. My PCR test was diligently checked to be within 96 hours at check in at MAN and then again checked in LHR as part of the (chaotic) boarding process. I would be very concerned at showing up for a BA flight without a test in hand, there is a very good chance of being turned away.
I just looked it up. I was charged US$156.19, so it must be something like 575 AED (or around £120).
Thanks both for the information - I have just booked my PCR test for 2 days before my flight.

Blumie, I tried to book a test through the Purehealth website but the payment page kept throwing errors. I ended up booking a PCR test with a clinic much closer to where I live for £120.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

Blumie, I tried to book a test through the Purehealth website but the payment page kept throwing errors. I ended up booking a PCR test with a clinic much closer to where I live for £120.

Thanks again.
Had the same issue, to do with 3rd party cookies apparently. Temporarily disable them and it'll work.

But seems you're covered with a test elsewhere anyway!
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If starting from Manchester and then connecting the next day from LHR to DXB would the 96 hours start from the MAN flight or the DXB flight?

Are BA still flying into and out of DXB T3?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.