Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by woobl
Interestingly, still not changed on the BA site or here: https://u.ae/en/information-and-serv...ing-to-the-uae

So what is the correct one I wonder? We just did our PCRs at 11am today for BA107 on Tuesday, which is 49hrs...
If in doubt it'll be the EK website I believe. 1hr plus/ minor won't bother anyone in DXB but not sure about the typical BA check in agent who will follow Timatic...my thoughts are with everyone who's flying out today. Expresstest at LHR to the rescue!
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Duck1981
If in doubt it'll be the EK website I believe. 1hr plus/ minor won't bother anyone in DXB but not sure about the typical BA check in agent who will follow Timatic...my thoughts are with everyone who's flying out today. Expresstest at LHR to the rescue!
Yes, BA is my concern as well.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
No nuts served with drinks in the BA105 to DXB on 23 December 2021 due to a passenger having a severe nut allergy. I would of hoped that the nut exclusion would of been limited to the cabin which the passenger was in and not the entire plane.
As someone with a severe peanut allergy this bothers me to no end. Just don't eat the nuts. And before someone comes in about the dust, in September, I went into full anaphylaxis in Spain due to a thimble sized amount of bread that contained peanut flour that I didn't ask about - nut dust a seat away isn't going to cause anything. My point is people with allergies (like myself) need to take ownership of what they eat or don't eat, not tell others what they can or cannot do.

/Soapbox
MaxFlyer and kosy91 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
To my mind what is or isn’t in control of BA is relevant here. If by this you mean within BA’s remit and no criticism is implied then fair enough. What I would say is I’ve had issues in all sorts of operational contexts. We’ve seen it with lorry drivers. I’ve seen it in hotels / bars / restaurants where people get pinged or simply too many new staff because so many went off payroll & haven’t rushed back. Speaking to train staff, same issues. The issue seems to be predictability.

How many cabin crew is BA going to need in 2022?

What’s the Q2,3,4 flying programme going to look like? How many staff sicknesses do they assume? Oh hi is that xyz aircraft cleaning - you know I said I need 20 cleaners in May, I actually need 200. Hi Do & Co I know I said I needed 10,000 bread rolls but it’s actually 30,000. Oh actually it’s 20,000 now.

You can’t basically repeatedly close down a significant proportion of your country, tell everyone to shelter from a killer virus, then say go back, then oh no actually don’t do that, then yes do go back but cautiously and only if you have to etc etc etc and expect industry to flex to meet that. I think it’s a miracle throughout this things have kept going as well as they have.

We are so used to Just In Time everything…and razor wire margins.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by woobl
Interestingly, still not changed on the BA site or here: https://u.ae/en/information-and-serv...ing-to-the-uae

So what is the correct one I wonder? We just did our PCRs at 11am today for BA107 on Tuesday, which is 49hrs...
I would probably do another PCR to be on the safe side, what's interesting is now the requirements say "The RT‑PCR test result certificate must state the location of where the sample was taken." I have just checked a few certs and it seems all self test certs do not show the test location, my Collison, Expresstest at drive througths do seem to show. Hopefully they drop this requirement soon as it does seem illogical.
woobl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
For those querying the delays on the A380 flights, at least for mine (and according to the crew quite a few others), it has purely been down to crew illness - read covid.

My flight departed an hour late with the minimum number of crew permitted onboard (19), and there have been other days where the same setup has been in place.

M
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:29 pm

It seems BA & Dubai is just a jinex route, seems a bird strike caused it to abort landing at 200ft and cause a bit of a scene according to the mirror
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...olice-25834634 I guess thats another plane out for a few days
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by suley
It seems BA & Dubai is just a jinex route, seems a bird strike caused it to abort landing at 200ft and cause a bit of a scene according to the mirror
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...olice-25834634 I guess thats another plane out for a few days
Heathrow said there was no bird strike. There is a rumour of a tail strike.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Regarding the new 48 hour test rule, Timatic says that the test certificate must have a QR code for UK passengers. I haven’t seen a QR code on a number of result certificates from different providers. This could be a big issue if enforced.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Regarding the new 48 hour test rule, Timatic says that the test certificate must have a QR code for UK passengers. I haven’t seen a QR code on a number of result certificates from different providers. This could be a big issue if enforced.
Just double checked Randox seem to issue on the airport testing certs, seems a generic QR code. I do think the labs in this country need to get it togeather and speed up testing, we seem to be content with Express, Collison and many others promising 36 hour result times.. Randox seem to be the only provider offering 36, 12-14 hours and 3 hours.

Last edited by suley; Jan 3, 2022 at 5:05 am
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
For those querying the delays on the A380 flights, at least for mine (and according to the crew quite a few others), it has purely been down to crew illness - read covid.

My flight departed an hour late with the minimum number of crew permitted onboard (19), and there have been other days where the same setup has been in place.

M
Same on my flight a week or so ago - the inflight manager came to introduce himself mid-flight and apologised unprompted for not coming sooner and said they were short of crew members. On the previous two A380 flights last month they didn’t even bother (as GGL in F).
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Just checked in for our flight to Stockholm via London. They asked for our PCR test (the one we took in T3 yesterday) plus the vaccination certificate. Check in went very smoothly.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Covid cases in Dubai are currently exploding, and that means testing is also very high.

The net result is that whereas hotels and clinics were offering a 24 hour turn-around for PCR tests, it's now more like 36 hours.

Demand is currently five times higher than it has been for the past 6 months, and there simply isnt the capacity at present.

If you're expecting quick results, be cautious.

M
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Just checked in for our flight to Stockholm via London. They asked for our PCR test (the one we took in T3 yesterday) plus the vaccination certificate. Check in went very smoothly.
Is a PCR test required to leave Dubai? I thought it was just a LFT to return to the UK and then Day 2 PCR on arrival?

Ah perhaps Sweden need PCR to enter?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Is a PCR test required to leave Dubai? I thought it was just a LFT to return to the UK and then Day 2 PCR on arrival?

Ah perhaps Sweden need PCR to enter?
For travel back to the UK a self administered antigen test is sufficient so long as you get a certificate with it.
balowlyblue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.