Wiki Posts
Search

LCA BA recent Covid experience anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stuart_f
It looks like the lounge in Larnaca is closed for now.
ok thanks, it’s not great anyway so guess for once not missing much. Did you have any trouble\issues getting in or out with the test and flight pass?

thx
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
I've not been yet, just planning ahead.

https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/faqs
scroll down to clarifications and read the bit about the UK. Provided you do the single PDF with the booking email and the test result together, since the result doesn't contain the date of the test you should be good.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Sorry, I’m late as usual! We did LHR- PFO with BA in CE when Cyprus moved the UK to Cat B. I’d imagine the service will be similar for LCA but the First lounge in T5 was lovely with the new QR code system. The bar on board was very free flowing (!) and yes, we had the silly lunch box with a tiny starter, sandwich and D&C mousse. You will definitely need to eat at T5 or take something with you. I actually called the lounge operator (Hermes) whilst we were in Cyprus and they said their lounges at PFO and LCA will remain closed for the forseeable future. BA didn’t even offer a voucher for anything airside at PFO and when I complained to them about it after returning home, I was basically told that lounge access is complimentary as part of CE so if it’s not available, tough! (I’ve had cause to complain to them about quite a few things recently and I’ve never known them to be so unhelpful or unwilling to put things right). The return flight was the same - super crew (as usual) with good humour, a very generous bar and a daft sandwich so make sure you eat before leaving for the return flight or take something with you if you don’t want to eat in the airport restaurant. Yes, there’s a tick box on the NHS Covid test site to say you don’t have symptoms and you’re not an essential worker and we were still accepted for the test and it was incredibly efficient with results back within 12 hours (and the drive-in site was a doddle and very very empty when we arrived so I wouldn’t feel too guilty). The Cyprus Flightpass site was a bit of a faff but only because they didn’t make it available to the UK until midnight on the day they opened up to the UK but once in, it was easy to use and it should be ok now. Make sure you print everything out though as they wouldn’t accept looking at emails on the phone, at least in PFO. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
About to return from Larnaca. I thought I had seen something on this before but a search on LCA and Larnaca brings up little so if I am doubling up do point me in the right direction.

Flights are all fine and in spite of a 13 row CE cabin on the way out the crew were super attentive. Even rather liked my box of food!

Coming back the big news, (which I am sure I knew so again please do point me to the right thread), is that BA no longer pay for the lounge here. Looking at the amount of tape across the board at the lounge entrance they are far from the only ones. We have Priority Pass so we’re in and I have to say this is what “paid for” lounges used to look like 20 years ago. It’s DEAD!

For anyone who knows this lounge this is far from normal and although the food offerings, (which I usually quite like), are much more limited the overall atmosphere is much nicer. Not a single loud, drunk Russian in the place which is lovely. Obviously that is not just because Aeroflot also no longer pay for the lounge

Hoping for a reasonable flight back too. Not looking forward to the change in weather
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Soft Top
About to return from Larnaca. I thought I had seen something on this before but a search on LCA and Larnaca brings up little so if I am doubling up do point me in the right direction.

Flights are all fine and in spite of a 13 row CE cabin on the way out the crew were super attentive. Even rather liked my box of food!

Coming back the big news, (which I am sure I knew so again please do point me to the right thread), is that BA no longer pay for the lounge here. Looking at the amount of tape across the board at the lounge entrance they are far from the only ones. We have Priority Pass so we’re in and I have to say this is what “paid for” lounges used to look like 20 years ago. It’s DEAD!

For anyone who knows this lounge this is far from normal and although the food offerings, (which I usually quite like), are much more limited the overall atmosphere is much nicer. Not a single loud, drunk Russian in the place which is lovely. Obviously that is not just because Aeroflot also no longer pay for the lounge

Hoping for a reasonable flight back too. Not looking forward to the change in weather
Hi Soft Top,

We were in Paphos a week ago and it is a bit of a shock coming back so wrap up warm! That’s interesting that the LCA lounge is open and BA isn’t paying for it as we were under the impression from the operator (Hermes) a month or so ago that the lounges at LCA and PFO were closed until further notice and PFO certainly was last week so this must be a relatively new development although the business class traffic must be very limited so well done to Hermes for opening. Now LCA has reopened, its very telling that you’re refused entry with your CE ticket - no doubt BA’s continuing efforts to ensure your health and safety! Good you have PP though as do we and and yes, the LCA lounge has always been quite decent. BA didn’t even offer a voucher at PFO but now the lounge is open at LCA but they’re not paying for it, surely they’ll have to offer a voucher to their Club passengers, particularly to those who don’t have PP.

Anyway, I think I’ve posted this too late to say have a good flight but I hope you had a good flight by the time you read this.

Best,
PlaneSpeaking
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
Anyway, I think I’ve posted this too late to say have a good flight but I hope you had a good flight by the time you read this.

Best,
PlaneSpeaking
I might have “JUST” been able to see your reply as we were delayed about 25 minutes however I have only just seen it. Flight was OK, nothing like the crew we had on the any out but hey-ho and they were pleasant enough, just spent a lot of time chatting in the galley!

Certainly no voucher proffered on check in at LCA. I hadn’t even thought of that. We’ve had them elsewhere i.e. Punta Cana, which also has a PP lounge with a pool!! Of course we’ve not had them in other places. Last time we did PFO there was no lounge but again PP to the rescue and I don’t believe we got vouchers. Likewise when turned away from the FAO lounge due to capacity restrictions, nor FNC, etc. so not sure it is usual in CE for vouchers.

One World lounge pages still show LCA as having access but check in said “no” and the board outside was covered in white tape - perhaps 30% of the airlines were taped over. I doubt it was worth them opening the lounge but maybe, I suspect it was borderline at best.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Soft Top
I might have “JUST” been able to see your reply as we were delayed about 25 minutes however I have only just seen it. Flight was OK, nothing like the crew we had on the any out but hey-ho and they were pleasant enough, just spent a lot of time chatting in the galley!

Certainly no voucher proffered on check in at LCA. I hadn’t even thought of that. We’ve had them elsewhere i.e. Punta Cana, which also has a PP lounge with a pool!! Of course we’ve not had them in other places. Last time we did PFO there was no lounge but again PP to the rescue and I don’t believe we got vouchers. Likewise when turned away from the FAO lounge due to capacity restrictions, nor FNC, etc. so not sure it is usual in CE for vouchers.

One World lounge pages still show LCA as having access but check in said “no” and the board outside was covered in white tape - perhaps 30% of the airlines were taped over. I doubt it was worth them opening the lounge but maybe, I suspect it was borderline at best.
A pool?! I might go there just for the lounge! We’re going back via Larnaca in December so I hope things will be a bit more “normal” by then although the daily increase in Cyprus cases doesn’t bode well currently. We might even get more than a soggy sandwich on-board by then too! Anyway, welcome back - I hope the weather here wasn’t too much of a shock!
Soft Top likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Anyone know if the lounge at LCA is open now? Been before and know it’s not great but still ok somewhere to kill an hour or so when waiting at LCA
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:06 am
Original Poster

It had a nice outside area IIRC
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:11 am

Hi Danboy,

Take a look at this thread as it’s a bit more recent - LCA (Larnaca) Fastrack

When we went though LCA in June, BA wasn’t offering access so we used Priority Pass to access the Aspire lounge, which I think is the one BA uses when it’s not cost cutting as it has the outside area you mention. It was grim though and full to bursting with very little in the way of anything decent.

Funnily enough, we arrived LCA today and we’re here for a couple of weeks but we’re going back through PFO so I won’t be able to report back.

Good luck and have a safe flight.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
Hi Danboy,

Take a look at this thread as it’s a bit more recent - LCA (Larnaca) Fastrack

When we went though LCA in June, BA wasn’t offering access so we used Priority Pass to access the Aspire lounge, which I think is the one BA uses when it’s not cost cutting as it has the outside area you mention. It was grim though and full to bursting with very little in the way of anything decent.

Funnily enough, we arrived LCA today and we’re here for a couple of weeks but we’re going back through PFO so I won’t be able to report back.

Good luck and have a safe flight.
thanks very helpful!!!
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:13 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
My partner flew LCA-LHR in CE on 9th August and was given access to the Aspire Aphrodite Lounge.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:12 am

We flew back from LCA on 11 August and had access to the lounge. The boarding pass was marked Aspire Lounge. There was a few bottles of white, red and rose wines, the usual basic spirits and soft drinks and some hot and cold food so it seems to be operating as normal. Other than the CE passengers for our flight, I don't think anyone else was using it.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.