LCA BA recent Covid experience anyone?

Old Aug 11, 20, 9:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Posts: 273
LCA BA recent Covid experience anyone?

Hi

i am thinking of a trip to LCA to top up on Avios and escape the gloom. Anyone have any experience in how BA are adapting a service considering Covid. I am going to book CE but knowing the service wasn’t exactly full before considering the 4.5 hour flight was wondering how much less we can expect.

Thanks
danboy767 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:38 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
Hi

i am thinking of a trip to LCA to top up on Avios and escape the gloom. Anyone have any experience in how BA are adapting a service considering Covid. I am going to book CE but knowing the service wasn’t exactly full before considering the 4.5 hour flight was wondering how much less we can expect.

Thanks
You can expect a nice box:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32463632-post218.html
Schwann is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:39 am
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,246
Btw https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

mentions a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival.
FlyerTalker39574 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:41 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Posts: 273
Thanks ☹️ I guess I should bring my own food unless if anyone has experience of anything more substantial considering the length of flight to LCA?
danboy767 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:43 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
Btw https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

mentions a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival.
thanks yes and you need to complete a form I think. I believe a number of private companies are offering the tests so hoping will be easy. Someone always making money somewhere
danboy767 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:43 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
Thanks ☹️ I guess I should bring my own food unless if anyone has experience of anything more substantial considering the length of flight to LCA?
No, everyone gets a box the same.. regardless if it's a Glasgow or Larnaca flight. You are welcome to take your own things.
orbitmic likes this.
Schwann is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:47 am
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,246
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
.....I believe a number of private companies are offering the tests so hoping will be easy...
What’s the cheapest and quickest you could find?
FlyerTalker39574 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:49 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
What’s the cheapest and quickest you could find?
130 pounds as of now and a 48 hour turnaround. Are you looking also?
danboy767 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:53 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,246
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
130 pounds as of now and a 48 hour turnaround. Are you looking also?
No.
FlyerTalker39574 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:59 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 2,697
There's a whole thread about recent experiences here: Your COVID-19 travel experiences on BA: Q3 2020
orbitmic likes this.
alex67500 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:06 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
There's a whole thread about recent experiences here: Your COVID-19 travel experiences on BA: Q3 2020
thanks! Was hoping to find someone who specifically has travelled to LCA recently due to the longer flight experience and also the need for a negative test.
danboy767 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:12 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Posts: 763
A friend flew to LCA on Thursday, she had to provide a negative Covid-19 test done no more than 72 hours prior to the flight. Not sure about her on board experience though
Tiffywren is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:13 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK - South Coast & London
Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Posts: 2,106
Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
thanks! Was hoping to find someone who specifically has travelled to LCA recently due to the longer flight experience and also the need for a negative test.
The LCA CE experience will be exactly the same as any other CE experience atm (bar the short band 1s), just longer. You get the same catering, same bar.

If you’re the hungry type, you may wish to bring extra supplies.
alex67500 likes this.
krispy84 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:43 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewes
Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Posts: 4,810
Thought that BA were running 787s to LCA sometimes?
Skipcool3 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 20, 10:03 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oxford
Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Posts: 617
It looks like the lounge in Larnaca is closed for now.
stuart_f is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread