Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA dropping a Newark rotation?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:57 am
Original Poster

BA dropping a Newark rotation?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but today I had an email cancelling my flight from Newark, BA188, to LHR in March. Not too much of an inconvenience as when I got through to BA I got swapped to BA114 from JFK which is only 15mins later.

Have BA dropped the late-night Newark? Are they trying to focus more travel through JFK?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
BA are currently in the process of organising their Winter 20 schedule. With demand to America expected to be low (that’s if borders are even open), BA is trimming it’s services.

They have cut LGW-JFK for the winter and LCY-JFK permanently. They have also cut back on their LHR-JFK flights and binned a few rotations. Therefore the move to reduce LHR-EWR from 2 to 1 per day is logical and in line with their plans.

At the moment it’s not a permanent reduction but just for this winter with predicted lower demand.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I suspect a few secondary destinations will be for the chop.

SAN, SJC, PHL, EWR all spring to mind off the top of my head, as they have more major airports relatively nearby.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Plenty of consolidation discussion in the following thread W20/21 Longhaul Changes

As well as March Cancellations
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I suspect a few secondary destinations will be for the chop.

SAN, SJC, PHL, EWR all spring to mind off the top of my head, as they have more major airports relatively nearby.
I would be amazed if PHL got dropped.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Same, remember it's a massive AA hub.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by CT-UK
The idea of BA dropping PHL while continuing MSY, BNA, PIT, etc. is pretty non-intuitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.