Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Refund Policy for BA Cancelled Flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Yes, I did use a "Household Account" for the point redemptions. What are the implications/impact of using Household Account Points to refund process?
Item #2 , seat selection fees, I was told by agent that they would automatically do the reimbursement so, based on your comment, do I actually have to request provided by your link?
The 2-4-1 is a Visa BA card 2-4-1 voucher that shows as being "used" which it was for subject trip with Expiry of April 6, 2021. It has NOT been replaced into the account yet even though agent said it would be in 24-48 hours.
Finally, I had originally booked the reward as business class seating but 1st class became available in the reward section so I called BA and had it upgraded with an additional charge. I noticed that it mentions Gold Upgrade which means nothing to me so I don't know how that designation fits with anything to do with the refund.
Finally, I did receive a fairly significant amount of the original amount spent for all the above but not all...contrary to BA agent AND, very worryingly for me, the vast number of AVIOS points have not been reimbursed which I WILL NEED to book another upcoming trip.
Thoughts/advice is appreciated!
Be safe and be well
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ddschur
Thoughts/advice is appreciated!
As mentioned in post 8, the different components may well be refunded at different times, and in the case of the cash component, it's partly dependent on your credit/debit card company's policies. The usual suggestion, which you will find detailed in the main Rebook thread, is to wait about 2 weeks, then send a private message to the BA Refund Helper at that point. The Rebook thread will give you other people's experiences of this. If you just left it, there is a risk it will take 6 weeks to complete, particularly if you paid in either US aor Canadian dollars.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Thank you for your response and your advice!
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
on the avios refund, if you are in a HHA the refund will be divided up amongst all the members, so you may want to check what eveyone has received so far

the extra avios you spent doing the change from J to F should also be refunded too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.