Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Double Avios Promo : Register and book by 31 Aug, travel by 31 Dec 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can now enjoy double Avios on up to 10 flights or holidays. All you need to do is register and book by 31 August 2020 and travel by 31 December 2020.

This includes all domestic flights in the UK, and within southern Africa. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America.

*Double Avios on flights can be awarded to all global Executive Club Members. Double Avios on holidays can only be awarded to Executive Club Members who are registered in the UK or USA.
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Promo : Register and book by 31 Aug, travel by 31 Dec 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So even though I have already booked all my travel for the end of this year, I won’t get double Avios? Makes me wonder why I book in advance and commit to BA.
Presumably because you found flights that met your needs at a price you liked??
gorps1, bisonrav and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Give them a break, they're just trying to nudge a few orders into the books. Demand creation.

These promos never include existing bookings anyway, but this time there is a means of rebooking via the FTVs.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know what would happen in this scenario?

I booked a flight for October before this Double Avios promotion. If I upgrade to CE, will I get double avios or just the normal amount?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Pretty certain you will not get the bonus, I never have for that scenario. On the other hand book and upgrade between now and end August, I'd expect you'd get the CE amount.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The T&Cs are quite clear:

2.5. The promotion cannot be used retrospectively. The promotion only applies to those who register, book and travel during the Promotion Period and Travel Period.
Indeed, digging into the terms, have made quite clear now:

4.2. All Qualifying Flights must be booked between 30 July 2020 and 31 August 2020 (Promotional Period).

4.3. All Qualifying Flights must be travelled between: 30 July 2020 and 23:59 GMT 31 December 2020 (Travel Period).
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Does anyone know what would happen in this scenario?

I booked a flight for October before this Double Avios promotion. If I upgrade to CE, will I get double avios or just the normal amount?
In the past this has been how it worked for me.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
hmh, thats odd...

"This includes all domestic flights in the UK, and within southern Africa. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America."

i know that different languages have different understandings of lists and i know the oxford komma.

But as I read this this includes
  1. all domestic flights
    1. in the UK,
    2. and within southern Africa.
  2. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America.

this therefore excludes any non domestic BA flights?

and why is this promo UK/US only?
no this is not correct

A Qualifying Flight is a flight with a British Airways prefix on any selling class or cabin on any British Airways operated service
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Damn, would be nice to be gold right now.

separate LHR-SOF (Rtn) booking for positioning and then one of the SOF deals, to YYZ in this case routing through LHR, would net over 60k Avios on on R/I fare.
you only get double Avios on the base amount and not for any tier or cabin bonuses so LHR-SOF will net you a whopping 317 bonus Avios per sector.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Love the personalisation : forget the long haul, focus on Spain!

Talking of which, I've got ACE flights for August I'd booked o/w with a FTV and the return with cash. I'd held off cancelling hoping BA cancel them (they might still).

However, if I take a voucher instead, will the rebooking I make qualify for this?

Tl:dr - do you get double avios if you use a Future Travel Voucher?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The regular BA promotions
Restrictions apply many will lose
No one hears your screams

(this is my attempt at Haiku!)
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Too many word sounds there
Back to school for you young lad
Much SpeedBird maybe?

(I'll certainly have miscounted too!)
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
So even though I have already booked all my travel for the end of this year, I won’t get double Avios? Makes me wonder why I book in advance and commit to BA.
Sorry, I feel your argument is somewhat long in the tooth on this board.

I've already bought all of the clothes I need for this summer, but I'll be off to M&S on Boxing Day to ask them to give me 50% off for everything I already paid. It's so frustrating that I buy my summer clothes in May then the shop has the cheek to sell them for half the price in December.

If all promotions were retroactive, what would ever be the point in having them? Though I'm sure every other European airline offers double points on your already booked stuff?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The email that I received about this was not flattering. I do not need to be reminded how long I have flown with BA!!!
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
How bizarre. Went to register and it said I'm already registered for this offer. Oh well, either way I'm not even sure I'll get to go anywhere for the rest of the year.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
How bizarre. Went to register and it said I'm already registered for this offer. Oh well, either way I'm not even sure I'll get to go anywhere for the rest of the year.
tha'ts happened every other time they launch this. best just to keep a screenshot of that with the time and date, so if you need to prove it, you've got it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.