Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Double Avios Promo : Register and book by 31 Aug, travel by 31 Dec 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can now enjoy double Avios on up to 10 flights or holidays. All you need to do is register and book by 31 August 2020 and travel by 31 December 2020.

This includes all domestic flights in the UK, and within southern Africa. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America.

*Double Avios on flights can be awarded to all global Executive Club Members. Double Avios on holidays can only be awarded to Executive Club Members who are registered in the UK or USA.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:54 am
Original Poster

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...clickpage=HOME

Link above. Typical, I booked flights on Tuesday, might help someone out though
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
hmh, thats odd...

"This includes all domestic flights in the UK, and within southern Africa. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America."

i know that different languages have different understandings of lists and i know the oxford komma.

But as I read this this includes
  1. all domestic flights
    1. in the UK,
    2. and within southern Africa.
  2. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America.

this therefore excludes any non domestic BA flights?

and why is this promo UK/US only?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:24 am

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand this statement?

3.3. Double Avios is awarded on the first ten Qualifying Flights that are flown post registering and booking. The order of booking does not determine the order in which the Double Avios for the Qualifying Flights are awarded.

Obviously a flight can only be flown post booking. So does it mean that you get double Avios as long as you fly after registering, regardless of when you booked it?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

3.3. Double Avios is awarded on the first ten Qualifying Flights that are flown post registering and booking. The order of booking does not determine the order in which the Double Avios for the Qualifying Flights are awarded.

Obviously a flight can only be flown post booking. So does it mean that you get double Avios as long as you fly after registering, regardless of when you booked it?
It means that you get the double points for the first 10 flights you fly, regardless of when they were booked.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
It means that you get the double points for the first 10 flights you fly, regardless of when they were booked.
So for OP, even though (s)he had booked the flight before the announcement (and registering) (s)he should still get double Avios when eventually flown right?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:34 am
Original Poster

So for OP, even though (s)he had booked the flight before the announcement (and registering) (s)he should still get double Avios when eventually flown right?
Well I hope so. But it also says you must register before you book. So who knows 🤷‍♂️
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:42 am

Damn, would be nice to be gold right now.

separate LHR-SOF (Rtn) booking for positioning and then one of the SOF deals, to YYZ in this case routing through LHR, would net over 60k Avios on on R/I fare.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: BA, Hilton

I take it to mean that if I....

A) Register today
B) Tomorrow, I book 10 longhaul F flights for Dec 2020 *
C) Saturday, I book 10 shorthaul Y flights for Nov 2020

I will be awarded double Avios on the 10 shorthaul Y flights only, as they were the first 10 I flew, not the first 10 I booked.

I do not take it to mean it would apply to bookings made pre-registration, although sometimes BA IT giveth!

*chance would be a fine thing!
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Well I hope so. But it also says you must register before you book. So who knows 🤷‍♂️
The T&Cs are quite clear:

2.5. The promotion cannot be used retrospectively. The promotion only applies to those who register, book and travel during the Promotion Period and Travel Period.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC
So even though I have already booked all my travel for the end of this year, I won’t get double Avios? Makes me wonder why I book in advance and commit to BA.
James91 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup
the order of booking is not necessarily identical to the order of flying.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So even though I have already booked all my travel for the end of this year, I won’t get double Avios? Makes me wonder why I book in advance and commit to BA.
That reminds me of the Scots saying...''ye cannae see green cheese''.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
The email is personalised!

BA IT has however - out of all the possible places I've flown - to include three in Spain; Madrid, Barcelona and Palma.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by BAeuro
There is the option of rebooking for cash if the fare is available, and then cancelling for a FTV. Then use the FTVs for next year's travel.

I doubt trying to book using an FTV will give the bonus as from BA's point of view these are essentially free changes to an existing booking.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Sorry to say that this is unimpressive to say the least.
You have to book before the end of August and all flights must be flown by the end of the year. So you have to book during a period when there is even more uncertainty over the virus, BAs actual flight planning and the ability to actually be able to enter a wide range of BA destinations.
And, as others have said, it doesn't cover a booking I made four months ago.
Seems like a PR stunt (look we gave you a year extension and double air miles...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.