Wiki Posts
Search

Future Travel Voucher booked with avois

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Future Travel Voucher booked with avois

Sorry if this has been asked already.

I have a booking to New York in December booked with a companion voucher/avois in First Class

That voucher expires end of March2021.

I had to ring to cancel another booking i had yesterday and the agent i spoke to said that if I got a Future Travel Voucher for the New York York booking, the expiry of the companion voucher wouldnt matter and i could book it any time until the future travel voucher expired.

My question is (I think!) is that voucher going to still get me 2 first class flights to New York without paying any more avois or money if I left the trip until December 2021?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by annette3366
My question is (I think!) is that voucher going to still get me 2 first class flights to New York without paying any more avois or money if I left the trip until December 2021?
Yes, in broad terms. The things that may change this are
- changes to APD, USA taxes and airport charges (which I suspect will rise quite sharply)
- going on a peak day if you were booked off peak (only affects Avios side)
- unknown unknowns, such as restructuring of Avios or some such.
You also need First availability for Avios bookings, when the aircraft fleet is being downsized with far fewer First seats. NYC will always be the easiest route however. More details in the main Rebook thread, where there are more experiences you can draw upon.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:15 am
Original Poster

thanks i will check out that rebook thread.

it was peak dates we booked and we arent set to any dates we could go.....it could be any time of the year any day so availability prob wouldnt be an issue either.

thats sort of benefiting me really if they let me book after my voucher has expired then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.