Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Whilst I appreciate there are a few that fall into the “yes you can enter the USA” category, can we categorically say that most people are still not allowed into the US, correct? And by most I mean leisure/tourist travellers?

The nuances we present on FT could somewhat give others hope that rules have changed or their are ways to bypass this, but my understanding is that the borders are shut to the general public? Unless I have missed a lapse in Trumps demeanour!
I don’t think you can say “most” and “categorically” in the same sentence but yes; the gist of what you are saying is true for those who are neither US citizens nor lawful permanent residents.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Is the OP entitled to FTV?
They mention the book date being September 2019. The way I read the book with confidence voucher eligibility is if flights are booked after March 2020. Or is FTV different to travel with confidence?

Taken from BA.com this evening:

Cancelling your booking

If you decide you no longer want to travel, you can cancel your booking and we’ll give you a voucher to the same value for a future booking (applies to bookings made from 3 March until 31 August 2020 for journeys that are due to have been completed by 30 April 2021).

For bookings made prior to 3 March FTV is available where travel is by end of August.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
For bookings made prior to 3 March FTV is available where travel is by end of August.
Aaah ok, thanks for clarifying. I'm stuck in the bookings made prior to 3 March where travel is after August camp.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Again thank you for your helpful replies. Just one last question. Would the voucher still cover the return journey as it’s beginning of September. All travel is on one booking.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
The OP, lovetoholiday, flight is August so just within the current deadline
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lovetoholiday
Again thank you for your helpful replies. Just one last question. Would the voucher still cover the return journey as it’s beginning of September. All travel is on one booking.
yes your whole booking is eligible for a FTV as long as the trip starts before end of August. See this question on ba.com:

My outbound flight leaves up to 31 August 2020 but my return flight is after 31 August 2020, am I eligible for a voucher?

Yes, so long as you’ve started your journey with us by 31 August 2020.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 21, 2020 at 2:20 am
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by lovetoholiday
Yes it will be. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.