Wiki Posts
Search

CW to First UuA - numbers seem oddly high

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TTmex
Yes exactly my thoughts. I'll keep you posted on outcome.
So, called the gold line. Upgrade processed in 5 minutes with a whopping increase of 1.5 GBP... yep,one pound, fifty pence in tax. Not the 488 USD quoted on Twitter.

I'm happy with that result. It will be a first First for me, although I do understand there is a risk of a slightly downsized service. I won't build my expectations too high, but either way hope to try the LPGS

Thanks for help
KARFA and Dambus like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I'll also add that the agent laughed when I told them about "back office". They said that meant nothing and there was no real back office.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by TTmex
I'll also add that the agent laughed when I told them about "back office". They said that meant nothing and there was no real back office.
How odd, there are many 'back office' roles
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Probably just trying to make me feel better about being given conflicting info
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Actually there is a backoffice - quite a few teams who do not have customer contact, primarily fares, revenue management, seating, etc...
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Yeh, Not sure who this was sent to.

Regardless, a good outcome in the end
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:02 am
Original Poster

To update, also upgraded the inbound. 22.5k avios and no extra money, although the Indian call centre had quoted 177 quid, so I waited until UK opened and it was just the avios.

Bit of a gamble with service standard potential to be poor. But hopefully by Jan will pick up a bit. I've got 200k avios still so thought it was worth a punt, especially as I fear an avios devaluation at some point next year. No evidence for that, just gut feeling.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
If anything this a good example to show that just because you receive one answer from someone at BA, it doesn't mean it's always the right answer.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Absolutely. I've realised now that quotes from non UK centers and from Twitter are not reliable. In fact, I think back to two years ago when I went to upgrade a MEX-LHR leg when arriving in Mex from SCL-MIA connection on another ticket. Twitter team quoted me 400usd of increased taxes, so I just said no and stuck with my WTP seat. Now I think I'd have probably only have had to have paid 40 quid plus the avios if I'd called the UK number. Oh well, I remember being so tired on that flight that I was asleep before they even started the dinner service and I woke just before breakfast. Probably saved myself 25k avios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.