Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I really hope LHR-SJC makes a comeback eventually, although there was a huge demand from the growing London presence of the likes of Facebook, Alphabet/Google and I believe Apple now ramping product development in London for a direct to the South Bay shuttle those firms won't be returning to anything like normal levels of business travel until 2H 2021 at the earliest. Probably 2022.

I think an earlier poster said there record was 15 mins from wheels down to the rental car centre, I'm pretty sure with Global Entry, hand-luggage and a bit of luck with the short hop in the shuttle you can shave about 5 mins off that. :-) Coming back to LHR was often a drag with not a proper lounge and often a remote stand
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:52 pm

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere else, but looks like SJC going to be 787-8 (no F) from early next year, not sure when exactly though. Booked for July next year and it was 747 when I booked it which I knew it’s not gonna be the case, but I’ve chosen 64J&K anyway and I soon got an email saying my seats have been changed to 3A&B on 787-8.

I just hope they either cancel the route or release more CW Avios redemption, as my partner and child no.2 are on the same day to SFO, so we can all on the same flight.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
my march flight is booked in F still showing in F so fingers crossed.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
my April is now a 3 class 788, so I don’t know when the changeover is...
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
It looks like BA reduced the schedule to Tue, Thur, Sat and Sun till 27/3/21 with 787-9, then back to daily from 28/3/21 but with 787-8.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
my April is now a 3 class 788, so I don’t know when the changeover is...
Our early April has also just been changed to a 788, so we’ve been downgraded from F to Club according to the email & text notification received today, but when I sign in at ba.com my LHR-SJC flight shows as cancelled and no mention of a downgrade to Club or a replacement flight, just a message to contact ba to discuss options.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

I ended up booking flights into SFO and returning from SAN. But rather than going in the summer, we are going over Easter.

Hopefully it will all come off this time!
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by simon stingray
Our early April has also just been changed to a 788, so we’ve been downgraded from F to Club according to the email & text notification received today, but when I sign in at ba.com my LHR-SJC flight shows as cancelled and no mention of a downgrade to Club or a replacement flight, just a message to contact ba to discuss options.
I had a similar email today, rang and got SJC moved to LAS in F
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I had a similar email today, rang and got SJC moved to LAS in F
Is that because SJC flight was totally cancelled or that your F seats had gone?

I tried earlier where F had gone but flight still running and was told a move to SFO wasnt allowed.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Paul Banks
Is that because SJC flight was totally cancelled or that your F seats had gone?

I tried earlier where F had gone but flight still running and was told a move to SFO wasnt allowed.
We were in F and flight changed to 788 so downgraded to J. I asked could we get it changed to LAS as that was our ultimate destination and was told yes
Old Aug 12, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
We were in F and flight changed to 788 so downgraded to J. I asked could we get it changed to LAS as that was our ultimate destination and was told yes
Brilliant, just phoned up and asked (politely) and we are now F into SFO (with zero First or Club availability). Sounds like a little bit of confusion when they can and can not change bookings though.
VSLover and andymcdonnell like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Paul Banks
Brilliant, just phoned up and asked (politely) and we are now F into SFO (with zero First or Club availability). Sounds like a little bit of confusion when they can and can not change bookings though.
Glad it worked out for you
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:10 pm

I had LHR-SJC for 30 March now BA cancelled all flights till end of Aprill and they rebooked me for the same day LHR-SFO which will take off 50 minutes earlier.
how are rules which changing destination...I didnt ask for SFO and for me its better to move travel later.
Can I leave travel open and rebook later in June or I must change it before orginal departure (30 March)?
emigration is much better at SJC ...SFO its no way for me
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Garimi
Can I leave travel open and rebook later in June or I must change it before orginal departure (30 March)?
emigration is much better at SJC ...SFO its no way for me
You can get yourself taken off the March flight and leave it open, you would then have 1 year from the ticket issue to get a replacement flight, see the main Rebook thread for the details. The agent may put you on a dummy flight to hold your ticket in the system. Since SFO had the kiosks installed, which was some years ago, entry into SFO is reasonably good now, though I accept that all BA's smaller USA destinations beat all of the larger destinations in this department. At the moment CBP is very fast, there aren't many passengers.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:06 pm

My July21 flight to SJC been cancelled as well, BA put us on the flight a day early. It looks like it won’t be a daily flight (No Monday and Friday) to SJC when they restart, if they do restart?!

Not decided if I want to fly there a day early or swap to the SFO flight on the original date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.