Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Hopefully the route doesn’t get axed before I can book my flights!
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
SJC is somewhere I wouldn’t fly out of again. The airport is nothing to speak of, there is no decent lounge although the general lounge does have some tables that say they are for ba customers only. Certainly not a premium feel to departing there, I was surprised they do First on that route.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:29 pm

Do you know the way?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chipster
SJC is somewhere I wouldn’t fly out of again. The airport is nothing to speak of, there is no decent lounge although the general lounge does have some tables that say they are for ba customers only. Certainly not a premium feel to departing there, I was surprised they do First on that route.

well, its definitely not a leisure route as the other routes where first is not offered but sure is convenient . agreed on the offerings leaving SJC too! usually leave from SFO or LAX in this instance exactly for that reason.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by VSLover
well, its definitely not a leisure route as the other routes where first is not offered but sure is convenient . agreed on the offerings leaving SJC too! usually leave from SFO or LAX in this instance exactly for that reason.
I hope it sticks around but that will likely depend on how quickly tech sector travel rebounds. The majors have halted almost all business travel until 2021 at this point.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was told a while back that there were two reasons for the route.

1) The tech companies and the location of the airport for them
2) The freight loads were apparently quite good since San Francisco had the A380 and therefore reduced capacity.

747 going put pay to reason 2. Reading between the lines and talking to some of the tech companies 1 isnt going to be needed for a while.

Says the person with a second attempt at an F booking into San Jose next year.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paul Banks
I was told a while back that there were two reasons for the route.

1) The tech companies and the location of the airport for them
2) The freight loads were apparently quite good since San Francisco had the A380 and therefore reduced capacity.

747 going put pay to reason 2. Reading between the lines and talking to some of the tech companies 1 isnt going to be needed for a while.

Says the person with a second attempt at an F booking into San Jose next year.
agree, says the person booked in F in march

but as i work for one of the tech majors, i agree. with travel all but over for 2020, it will be a very long and slow rise in traffic again given the status of california in mitigating covid, and also that companies have already seen how much can be done virtually so i just cannot see our travel budgets ever returning to the level they were!
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:15 pm

id be surprised if SJC resurfaces even next year
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:40 am

I just noticed a strange thing with SJC, a whole bunch of F Avios inventory got loaded for Dec, which wasn't there a week or two before...why would BA do this if they planned to axe the route?
There was always Avios space in all the 3 other classes from October on, but I knew not to read anything into that as I was expecting them to zero everything out as soon as cancellations were announced for October onwards, but F award space was not available for December, not a single seat on any day.
Is it just the algorithm doing its normal thing, regardless of whether BA plan to resurrect this route in the near future, or could there be hope for us fans of SJC?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
I just noticed a strange thing with SJC, a whole bunch of F Avios inventory got loaded for Dec, which wasn't there a week or two before...why would BA do this if they planned to axe the route?
Cashflow then bait and switch to a FTV
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Cashflow then bait and switch to a FTV
I guess, but even for Avios bookings?!
This could even backfire for BA, if a pax chooses to rebook to SFO or fly LHR-xxx-SJC, then they might have to open up revenue space in the same cabin for SFO as per guidelines or pay AA for the xxx-SJC segment...in the end costs them more.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
I had a SJC return booked for 3 of us with Avios, which is now cancelled.
Still waiting for the return of the avios and the 2-4-1, and trying to avoid a voucher.

If demand is going to be so low in general to the West Coast, thinking like it was in 2008, then maybe Avios availability won't be such an issue?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
I had a SJC return booked for 3 of us with Avios, which is now cancelled.
Still waiting for the return of the avios and the 2-4-1, and trying to avoid a voucher.

If demand is going to be so low in general to the West Coast, thinking like it was in 2008, then maybe Avios availability won't be such an issue?
when did you ask for the redeposit of Avios? so far from data points on revenue tix, BA has been quite good about refunds in a timely manner.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Big Steak Pub Gold Card (sadly defunct)
With the help of Ba refund helper I managed to get my upgraded WTP to CW ticket refunded back in about 5.5 weeks. Miles were back last week with CC refund yesterday.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 8:10 am

I see now that in the last week or so another update:
SJC now seems to operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from November onwards...if it were a money grab -> voucher situation they would just leave the schedule as a daily service wouldn't they?
Or am I just blinded by my personal hope that this route will be served again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.