Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Italy specific requirements at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: MUCCI
Thanks everyoone - this is great and super helpful....
I will report back once I have flown tomorrow.
FD.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

Can I ask what the process would be for connecting pax please as I would be doing edi-LHR-venice in mid August.

Nornally for domestic pax itwould be straight to the departures floor after the BP check after landing at lhr but di the requirements mean I would have to go landslide then via the first wing?

Thanks

Tbs
Old Jul 22, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No OLCI for Italy, you need a temperature check, which is in a clearly marked area in Zone F. I didn't see a checkpoint in the First Wing. You can't miss it, I put this photo in entirely the wrong thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32530162-post4.html
Online check in worked for me both ways to and from Italy in the last week, you just need to go to a desk as well.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Can I ask what the process would be for connecting pax please as I would be doing edi-LHR-venice in mid August.
I've noticed that in T5 they page transit passengers (one by one, by name) at the gate before boarding Italy-bound flights and there is a staff member doing the temperature checks. I am not sure if this applies to domestic connections, but I would assume so (in which case it would mean you can go through connections as normal and then do the temperature check at the gate). Going airside and through the First Wing might take more or less the same time though.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flying_pig
I've noticed that in T5 they page transit passengers (one by one, by name) at the gate before boarding Italy-bound flights and there is a staff member doing the temperature checks. I am not sure if this applies to domestic connections, but I would assume so (in which case it would mean you can go through connections as normal and then do the temperature check at the gate). Going airside and through the First Wing might take more or less the same time though.

Thanks flying_pig,

( of course doing the FW process landside means going through security again ( so no large liquid bottles bought after secuirty at EDI) as a DOM-Intl connection at LHR just needs a bp check

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by The Ginge
Online check in worked for me both ways to and from Italy in the last week, you just need to go to a desk as well.
Me too.

Flew out on 11 August and back on 18 August. Had temperature check at First Wing front desk and they had the health declaration form at the check in desk. Very smooth indeed.

On the way back had to fill in a further declaration on departure for Italy, but was told (wrongly) by the check in agent at VCE that I didn't need to fill in the UK online form. I did it anyway.

Finally, no problem at all for Mrs BAECAddict and I taking a back pack each and putting it in the locker overhead row 1.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:34 am

As a point of reference, online check in is not available for my flight to Bologna tomorrow.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by BAECAddict
Me too.

Flew out on 11 August and back on 18 August. Had temperature check at First Wing front desk and they had the health declaration form at the check in desk. Very smooth indeed.

On the way back had to fill in a further declaration on departure for Italy, but was told (wrongly) by the check in agent at VCE that I didn't need to fill in the UK online form. I did it anyway.

Finally, no problem at all for Mrs BAECAddict and I taking a back pack each and putting it in the locker overhead row 1.
They seem to have stopped OLCI for Italy, or at least CAG. I was able to OLCI for BLQ two weeks ago (although could not print my BP but could download on the App). Now I cannot check-in online, either Web or App. This may also be due to the flight moving from LGW to LHR and the system is confused. I'm just hoping the queues are shorter for the FW (after temperature check and form collection) to hit the CCT for some LPGS ASAP!
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:36 am

I’ve been able to OLCI and downloading the BP for my MXP flight. Maybe it’s because I was checking in a bag?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I’ve been able to OLCI and downloading the BP for my MXP flight. Maybe it’s because I was checking in a bag?
I have the same experience as @cosmo74 that I cannot even get to select how many bags I am checking in. Just a notice that OLCI is not available for CAG.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I have the same experience as @cosmo74 that I cannot even get to select how many bags I am checking in. Just a notice that OLCI is not available for CAG.
Ah, from whatever is left of the colander of my brain, CAG is a 'remote' airport if memory serves me right. Meaning that CAG uses its own DCS system and then burps out the customer list and all other information on the flight as a message to Altea. So for that reason I seem to recall that OLCI isn't available there.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I can't even get to the adding bags stage, it just says that check in is unavailable.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I can't even get to the adding bags stage, it just says that check in is unavailable.
Im not able to check in either for Venice - just a message saying check in unavailable.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:10 am

Important information for those flying to CAG or OLB (Sardinia)

Flying to CAG today, FW was able to take my temperature and provide the Italian declaration. What they did not inform was that an online form is required and you are then emailed a QR code. They ask for A LOT of information and it was painful having to do this at the gate.

i would suggest downloading the App and completing this in the lounge, or with your health declaration. You need to register and then supply all your travel details, hotels and flights.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/sardeg...a/id1505056615
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icovid19&gl=IT

On the plus side, arriving at 05:30 there weren’t any queues to check in or for security and no one in the CCT when we first arrived.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Jase76
Flying to CAG today, FW was able to take my temperature and provide the Italian declaration. What they did not inform was that an online form is required and you are then emailed a QR code. They ask for A LOT of information and it was painful having to do this at the gate.

i would suggest downloading the App and completing this in the lounge, or with your health declaration. You need to register and then supply all your travel details, hotels and flights.

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/sardeg...a/id1505056615
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icovid19&gl=IT

On the plus side, arriving at 05:30 there weren’t any queues to check in or for security and no one in the CCT when we first arrived.
The QR code is required for anyone going to Sardina and was introduced around a week ago. I believe other regions of Italy have also been introducing their own requirements in addition to the Italian declaration you mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.