Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

booking AA flights w/avios no longer available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking AA flights w/avios no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:19 pm

I can confirm that I have been seeing this after BA came back up after "upgrade". I was looking to use some Avios to book from USA to South America and there was no availability. So I checked on dates where AA showed wide open at low AAdvantage rates (e.g. 12/31 and 7/4) and no availability on BA. Then checked AA routes like JFK - BOS that normally show award availability on every flight. No availability on BA.

It is hard to say if it's a pure "bug" because for so long AAvailability has been low due to the WebSaver/SAAver coding issue. But it sure looks like a bug.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
We've been having some problems recently. Did call BA to see if there was an issue with BA IT, but they could only see availability with Alaska.

There were AA saaver fares available though, so gave up with trying to book with BA and booked with AA.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
is this still the case, i.e. can we still not see AA avios availability via BA.com? trying a few routes and all showing nothing.

IB says for reasons beyond their control, can't be displayed.

EF telling me that there's a ton of AA availability in all classes.

any work-around on this?

Last edited by chris1979; Jan 2, 2022 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
is this still the case, i.e. can we still not see AA avios availability via BA.com? trying a few routes and all showing nothing.

Looking & booking via IB still the only way of achieving this?
Have you done an award search (no account or log-in required) at aa.com to see if low-tier award seats are available on your desired routes?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979
The bug from the recent software downgrade on BAEC has now been fixed, we had a complaint yesterday from someone complaining that the previous old bug - no more than 12 flights displayed - was getting in the way since there were too many options. This was for NYC-MIA, always a good one to check to see if the system is working.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you done an award search (no account or log-in required) at aa.com to see if low-tier award seats are available on your desired routes?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The bug from the recent software downgrade on BAEC has now been fixed, we had a complaint yesterday from someone complaining that the previous old bug - no more than 12 flights displayed - was getting in the way since there were too many options. This was for NYC-MIA, always a good one to check to see if the system is working.
thank you both - looks like it's just my route that has no seats.... :-(
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
AA seats available to us here at BA using Avios are dreadful of late. Abysmal availability - the route I've been looking at has availability on about 2 days of every month for the next year, no way it's been sold that far. It's just so random with no rhyme or reason!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.