FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   booking AA flights w/avios no longer available? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2020406-booking-aa-flights-w-avios-no-longer-available.html)

omaralt Jun 25, 2020 11:05 am

booking AA flights w/avios no longer available?

i would usually book my AA flights (domestic USA flights) using avios however recently i can no longer see any availability on BA.com.. is this something i can call in for or is there just no availability? i've tried calling but the hold times are ridiculous so if anybody knows before i waste a few hours of my time please let me know! thanks

LCSinTexas Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

What dates and route are you looking for?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 25, 2020 11:25 am

There is no overarching constraint against booking with Avios on AA, if that was the question.

omaralt Jun 25, 2020 11:25 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas (Post 32484683)
What dates and route are you looking for?

tampa to charlotte this weekend. but i looked a month out and seems there is no availability

KARFA Jun 25, 2020 11:29 am

It may just be that people have already taken up any reward availability on that route over the next few weeks.

there seems availability from 16 july onwards so there doesn't seem to be an issue generally with AA domestic reward availability or even on that specific route.

VSLover Jun 25, 2020 11:33 am

if you can see it on AA.com, but not ba.com, i wonder if it is a general IT concern because there is an issue at the moment where people (including myself) experience a bug that prevents a ticket purchase from completing if i insert my BAEC number--so have to remove it, purchase flights and go back in to insert it.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 25, 2020 11:44 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 32484722)
if you can see it on AA.com, but not ba.com, i wonder if it is a general IT concern because there is an issue at the moment where people (including myself) experience a bug that prevents a ticket purchase from completing if i insert my BAEC number--so have to remove it, purchase flights and go back in to insert it.

Is it available as a SAAver though? If so it should be available on Avios If it's a higher level of mileage from baseline SAAver then it's not valid for Avios.

Furby Jun 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32484756)
Is it available as a SAAver though? If so it should be available on Avios If it's a higher level of mileage from baseline SAAver then it's not valid for Avios.

To that point I have noticed that more and more of AA’s award flights are priced as web special levels and only a few are available at the old SAAver rate. That is good if you have AA miles as you need less AA miles but rough if you use AVIOS as the those flights are simply not available on AVIOS. The end result is that there is most definitely a trend towards making award flights available to AA members but not BA members. Award flights are still possible with AVIOS but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

KVS Jun 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 32484700)
tampa to charlotte this weekend. but i looked a month out and seems there is no availability

The closest available date with positive Award Availability is 04 Jul.
However, it won't be shown on BA.com as a double connection is required.

[KVS Tool 9.9.5/Diamond - Awards/QF-OneWorld/Auto-OW/US]
Code:

TPA  Tampa Intl FL US [KTPA]
CLT  Charlotte Douglas NC US [KCLT]
SAT  04 Jul 2020 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive        St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------------
AA        1977    TPA  06:28    MIA  07:27          0  CS-  YS+
 -> AA    2717    MIA  09:30    ATL  11:21          0  CS+
 -> AA/OH  5340    ATL  14:48    CLT  16:07          0  CS-  YS+

b8b Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm

I’m looking on several routes and not finding anything: PHX-SFO, PHX-DFW - I used to see multiple flights daily on these rates available online to book.

Wondering if it’s a website glitch and I need to call? (I’ve tried several times, multiple transfers then I it hangs up)

Furby Jul 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by b8b (Post 32537217)
I’m looking on several routes and not finding anything: PHX-SFO, PHX-DFW - I used to see multiple flights daily on these rates available online to book.

Wondering if it’s a website glitch and I need to call? (I’ve tried several times, multiple transfers then I it hangs up)

Unfortunately it is not a glitch. It is a side effect of AA making most awards Web Savers instead of the old Saver rate. Only Saver rate awards are available using AVIOS. There used to be a lot of Saver awards, now they are very few and far between. Good if you have AA miles, not good if you are looking to use AVIOS.

miles_navigator Nov 22, 2021 5:59 pm

Bumping this thread....

I don't see any AA award availability using BA Avios online. Did the SW update purge that capability? I do see BA metal availability using Avios for say JFK to LHR.

I am sure it is user error on my part, what am I missing, or what happened in BA land while I was hibernating and focusing on AA/UA?

coltonatx Nov 22, 2021 6:04 pm

BA cannot see any availability for AA right now.

SAAver space that is bookable on Iberia (T for economy or U for business) does NOT show on BA and agents on the phone can’t see it either.

it’s annoying AF bc the ability to combine Avios is broken so I can’t transfer to IB to book the tickets.

2BGO Nov 23, 2021 12:13 am

Glad I am not the only one having ..."issues". Hopefully this gets sorted very soon.

miles_navigator Nov 23, 2021 7:43 am

Originally Posted by coltonatx (Post 33751271)
BA cannot see any availability for AA right now.

SAAver space that is bookable on Iberia (T for economy or U for business) does NOT show on BA and agents on the phone can’t see it either.

it’s annoying AF bc the ability to combine Avios is broken so I can’t transfer to IB to book the tickets.

coltonatx@ thanks for the update. How long has this been going on with AA and BA? I haven't been using BA points on AA metal much since the devaluation and usually AA directly comes out less.