Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pitiful [pre and in-flight F service to SFO]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pitiful [pre and in-flight F service to SFO]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
I'm not entirely sure why anyone, given the current offering, would book First. Club I can kind of get for the flat bed...
Keystone likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I'm not entirely sure why anyone, given the current offering, would book First. Club I can kind of get for the flat bed...
Being pretty tall, I find the F seat much more comfortable, particularly for sleeping, than the J seat. That's the only reason I can currently think of. Fortunately I'm in a position where I don't currently have to fly. Indeed for work it's currently actively prohibited.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Sounds like I did the correct thing cancelling my BA First flight next month. No idea what possessed me to do it in the first place, should have booked with a different airline.

Seems that this is just a cost cutting measure, which in the climate is understandable but is doing nothing for the BA reputation.

I really pity the poor staff at BA, just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse at that company, they do.

Not that wee Willy or Alex will care but I’m really pleased that I don’t have to fly for work business any more. Good riddance.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
I'd rather have a First bed, than someone facing me in CW coughing
aristoph and flygirl68 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Absolutely. CW now seems like a covid nightmare.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as someone else is payng for my ticket I would.

Must admit I'm surprised by the negative reacton from so many regular BAEC forum members.Of all people they should know the F product offerng has been reduced during this crisis in order to keep serving the route.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY

Must admit I'm surprised by the negative reacton from so many regular BAEC forum members.Of all people they should know the F product offerng has been reduced during this crisis in order to keep serving the route.
I was thinking the same. Meal service changed all the way back on the 24 March, customers with booked flights were emailed and MMB states "We're making temporary changes to our onboard meal and drinks services". Same as the lounge situation, I remember receiving emails ages ago highlighting there were changes in provision. I'm surprised at the surprise and shock.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For comparison purposes, here is a summary of the current status of onboard service for other airlines:

Airlines including Easyjet and KLM in Europe, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines in the United States, and Asia's Virgin Australia, are suspending all or part of their alcoholic drinks service in response to Covid-19.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...-19/index.html
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
For comparison purposes, here is a summary of the current status of onboard service for other airlines:

Airlines including Easyjet and KLM in Europe, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines in the United States, and Asia's Virgin Australia, are suspending all or part of their alcoholic drinks service in response to Covid-19.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...-19/index.html
And also for the purposes of comparison...Qatar. Near as damn it full Business experience including plentiful champagne, hot food, attentive staff in full PPE, bed down service and dine as you wish....make your choices people if you need to fly!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I have an upcoming F trip with BA in August. By then, it will be the first time in 5 months that I step on board an aircraft. I have many things going through my head - mostly around whether the destination country will be open again, whether travel insurance will cover this trip, whether hotels, restaurants, etc will be open.

The inflight service levels are not on my list of priorities. Even in normal times, I never thought that stopping over in the Arabian desert for the right kind of champagne was a clever thing. In Corona times I will not add stops to itineraries unless absolutely necessary.

Appreciate that priorities are different for everyone. But if F is a "once in a lifetime to be enjoyed and treasured" kind of thing, then moving it to next year is probably the clever thing to do. And probably pick another airline altogether...
Tobias-UK and Lucanesque like this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Hang on. BA is saving 5-10£ per 5k+ ticket with the current F meal product and that has saved the route? LH must be struggling for survival with their proper F product...
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by ermis177
Hang on. BA is saving 5-10£ per 5k+ ticket with the current F meal product and that has saved the route? LH must be struggling for survival with their proper F product...
LH also received a €9bn bailout from the German Government (although looking at today's news the current shareholders don't want 20% of the business given to the Government!)
dougzz likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LH also received a €9bn bailout from the German Government (although looking at today's news the current shareholders don't want 20% of the business given to the Government!)
Completely irrelevant to the current topic. Also LH has agreed to give up slots and much more. Lets stay on topic please.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
About the only place you can social distance on board I guess, lol
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ermis177
Completely irrelevant to the current topic. Also LH has agreed to give up slots and much more. Lets stay on topic please.
Great snarky response I was responding to your statement around cost savings and comparison with what LH were doing
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.