Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SFO777
Perhaps this is the "mid-September" enhancement.

On yesterday's SPU-LHR flight, we received a box not a bag. Same choice of chicken caesar sandwich or cheese and caramelized onion sandwich mentioned above. We both opted for the chicken which was OK but didn't taste very caesar like. Included a little salad cup. Chocolate mousse was tasty.

1C and our FA liked my DIY kit.

All in all, an enjoyable flight especially with a wonderful CSM/FA Lewis working the cabin and topping up drinks. Too bad that he wasn't working our LHR-LAX flight.
The place setting looks great. So did the crew give you a box and then plate and table cloth/napkin ? Plus drinks service ?

if so, I can’t see why they can’t do the normal full service ? Or, am I missing something ?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Why all the disgust? Aren't you happy that Alex is trying to keep us all safe from the nasty coronavirus that thrives on hot meal trays?
ermis177 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bafan
The place setting looks great. So did the crew give you a box and then plate and table cloth/napkin ? Plus drinks service ?

if so, I can’t see why they can’t do the normal full service ? Or, am I missing something ?
BA supplied the box and drinks in a plastic cup. OP supplied everything else.
SFO777, bafan, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is it really worth bringing your own plates for a sandwich? It seems like so much effort for very little benefit. (Personal opinion not judgment)
1Aturnleft, mikeyfly and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
It seems like so much effort for very little benefit. (Personal opinion not judgment)
​​​​​​I couldn't agree more. But if it keeps some people happy then who are we to argue - it's not endangering anyone plus it's slightly more amusing than the knicker-twisted rants some people insist on getting into about paper bag or cardboard box catering. If I were flying anywhere and had the inclination to bring my own crockery along, I'd probably have tweeted the photos to BA along with some choice hashtagging. I'd quite like a someone take a stab at fine china when dining in F complete with silver cutlery, a posie of cut flowers in a crystal vase, perhaps a decanter and a soup terrine on the side for the sheer theatre.... afterall it is First, do it some justice!
adrianlondon, wrp96 and smokie36 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Oh dear, today’s sandwich was really not good - desperately under-filled for the second flight in a row. Almost makes me think there has been an order to fill them less...
What was the description of the sandwich? Lettuce on bread?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ermis177
What was the description of the sandwich? Lettuce on bread?
"Emerging iceberg". What BA cannot make in food quality it might as well make up for in poetry...
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by orbitmic
"Emerging iceberg". What BA cannot make in food quality it might as well make up for in poetry...
Oh it's the mousseline debate all over again!

​​​​​
orbitmic and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by alex67500
Oh it's the mousseline debate all over again!

​​​​​
Don’t get me started on the mousseline again!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Right - I am sorry if I have no pictures but have made a possibly incorrect assumption that you can all read - and anyhow you've seen it all already so I will not bore you.

I have flown four CE sectors 2hours+ in as many days. We were offered the same offering on each flight. Fortunately the Beetroot has been dumped for the time being - so we had the Chicken Caesar Salad - which was as about as Caesary as Mayonnaise can get. The salad pot was tasty and the Mousse is most agreeable. Every flight has been manned by Mixed Fleet and I really am won over as they were simply delightful and very hard working. I have to say that I cannot understand why they cannot resume a normal service as frankly this is unnecessary - especially when one sees that normal heated food is available for crew and flight deck. Indeed, if they can serve hot food in the Flounge and give you proper cutlery and glassware, why can this not be done in the air.

Still, it could bee worse - you could be flying American Airliines -- if the flight was under 900 miles here is what you might enjoy:
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
If it were over 900 miles you would recieve a Fresh Snack - as opposed to a stale one I suppose. What they do over the Atlantic I know not as I cannnot fly over there as none of us non-US ciitizens are not allowed in - none the less the Long Distance offering is below sub-par
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Right - I am sorry if I have no pictures but have made a possibly incorrect assumption that you can all read - and anyhow you've seen it all already so I will not bore you.

I have flown four CE sectors 2hours+ in as many days. We were offered the same offering on each flight. Fortunately the Beetroot has been dumped for the time being - so we had the Chicken Caesar Salad - which was as about as Caesary as Mayonnaise can get. The salad pot was tasty and the Mousse is most agreeable. Every flight has been manned by Mixed Fleet and I really am won over as they were simply delightful and very hard working. I have to say that I cannot understand why they cannot resume a normal service as frankly this is unnecessary - especially when one sees that normal heated food is available for crew and flight deck. Indeed, if they can serve hot food in the Flounge and give you proper cutlery and glassware, why can this not be done in the air.

Still, it could bee worse - you could be flying American Airliines -- if the flight was under 900 miles here is what you might enjoy:
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
If it were over 900 miles you would recieve a Fresh Snack - as opposed to a stale one I suppose. What they do over the Atlantic I know not as I cannnot fly over there as none of us non-US ciitizens are not allowed in - none the less the Long Distance offering is below sub-par
I'm too scared to go on the American Airlines section to ask!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Sealink
Post a comment that even ‘Euro-Business’ manages a meal of some sort plus lounge access, then run away 😁.
VSLover, Sealink and James91 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I’ve seen a few reviews of American long haul and catering looks relatively normal albeit some slight alterations in presentation - in J there is certainly a hot meal and alcohol.
Sealink, orbitmic and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I have done a few trips in the US as well as trips to UK with American.
In Business up to 2200 miles BA’s offering is better - but above that AA is serving hot food on china but all on one tray at once. This includes J flights to UK.
Up to 900 miles in domestic First it is beverages only on request inc alcohol but generally the crew are proactive with service.
Above 900 miles in First it is full beverage Service as well as a cold sandwich or yogurt & granola or a boxed cheese plate - all of which IMO is below what BA are offering in CE.
i understand that UA and DL are worse but have not flown on them.
Also BA are providing a far superior lounge experience at LHR compared to any AA Admirals club in the US.
Sealink and krispy84 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm no! The Moderator Principal JDiver is a gentleman to his fingertips who had sent me some really sweet PMs in the past. If you are scared - ask him. He is a busy man and one who has a rather hectic life but he is kind and it shows.Anyhow, yes I dare say that on Long Haul they are doing far better but AA FAs are so hit and miss - when they are good there are none better, but so many of them couldn't be bothered even to serve drinks on the ground when it was supposed to be part of the service. BA now needs to raise its game ot face loosing custom. Why anyone would pay to sit in F at the moment is beyond me.
Sealink, RoyalSwazi, wrp96 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.