Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Defiently an improvement on the current offering. Do you think that one can pre-order special meals as they come packaged like the new offering?
I'm thinking of KSML's.
Also interested to know regarding SPMLs.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC
I’ve just clicked about the ‘Enjoy your menu’

I’m pretty sure that should say meal.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I like the style and it all looks very classy, although there could be a bit more food. I just hope we’re back to full hot meals by 2021.
The only thing I’d say is that why isn’t the CE offering the same as the CW afternoon tea. The afternoon tea looks much better than what will be offered within Europe.
That's the First afternoon tea, not Club World.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
That's the First afternoon tea, not Club World.
Oh apologies. I reduce my expectations then .
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Good to see. I can now move my cancelled cw flights in a few weeks to later in the year. With lack of any on board service I was going to refund them and get my uua back and then book PE. But now I'm happy to rebook these
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
It's still pitiful compared to what LH/LX/QR offer even in pandemic!
Flying Yazata and cosmo74 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:48 am

I wonder what will be offered on the longer European routes in ET. You can’t just serve water and a biscuit on a 5 hour LHR-LCA.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
The CE offering is OK, lounge food might be available in July and if not I can normally go without food for half a day and eat at the hotel on arrival, so a sandwich and some water will do.

The lack of a hot meal or special meal options (as far as we know so far) in CW/First is less acceptable.

I wonder what will be offered on the longer European routes in ET. You can’t just serve water and a biscuit on a 5 hour LHR-LCA.
I would self-cater in ET flights of any significant length anyway as you cannot rely on the BoB having sufficient stock to go around.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:00 am

Traditionally WTP has had a business class main (albeit served in a smaller dish). Its a shame there is no longer any difference between Y and W. AT least they could have put a club main box into the PE box. That DOES seem like a cost-cutting measure.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Actually if you are BA you can serve less than that. I was on a flight from LCA and they announced that there was no BoB available - fortunately I was in CE.
Agree though that they need to rethink this for the longer flights.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:15 am

Shouldn’t it be Covid safe or secure? Rather than friendly. I don’t want my food to be friendly to Covid nor vice versa

Well nonetheless more positive news. BA have finally woken up ...in some areas!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:18 am

Is there actually an official release from BA?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:38 am

Plastic-wrapped cutlery, next to a plastic bottle, flanked by a plastic bowl with a plastic lid. Considering that none of the 'contaminated' waste goes to recycling it seems a bit wasteful on natural resources. They could've used alternatives to plastic and not a cheap wooden spoon: in my current office we introduced Mater.Bi cutlery and containers for all take-away food, and I know in BA they introduced some of those elements in Waterside when Geoff Van Klaveren was leading my old team (we created a volunteering group to work on that).

Sure, Mater.Bi or equivalents are harder to find when you look at specific downroute stations, but I'd be ready to bet these menus lend themselves very well to being return catered... then there's the other issue: "Cost cutting is in our DNA".
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: DC *S
Medical/religious special meals please

As a Coeliac I always have to rely on the special meals provided on long haul. Even when the lounges were open and running at full tilt they couldn't provide a gluten free offering (apart from crisps spirits and wine). Can't rely on picking any up at the airport and it doesn't travel well if you bring your own when connecting to long haul. Medical food requirements aren't a choice,
GadgetGal likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Does anyone happen to know whether bedding is available at the front of the plane, and, in First, PJs? Any kind of amenity kit (I'd like to brush my teeth before going to sleep....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.