Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary COVID-19 catering, effective 25 October 2020 until 19 January 2021, after which normal catering is expected to resume.

Euro Traveller
Breakfast: cereal bar, cookies, and mineral water bottle
Rest of the day: bag of crisps, small packet of pretzels, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, juice available on request

Club Europe
Band 1 Breakfast: paper bag containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot or muffin, and mineral water bottle
Band 1 Rest of the Day: paper bag containing a sandwich, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Breakfast: box containing a filled croissant, yogurt pot, and mineral water bottle
Bands 2 to 4 Rest of the Day: box containing a sandwich, salad pot, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

World Traveller and World Traveller Plus:
Primary lunch/dinner flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, side salad, bread bag, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a filled croissant, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal comprises of a tray with hot dish, yoghurt, muffin, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a chilled sandwich, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar available on request

Club World:
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, salad dish, small side salad, bread bag, cheese, crackers, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal (breakfast) is a tablecloth-covered tray with a filled croissant, muesli pot, yoghurt pot, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Primary breakfast flight
Primary meal includes a tablecloth-covered tray with hot dish, yoghurt/fruit dish, croissant, bread bag, jam, dessert pot, and mineral water bottle
Secondary meal is a tablecloth-covered tray with sandwich, cookies, bar of chocolate, and mineral water bottle (served in a box rather than on a tray on 77M return catered flights)

Tea, coffee, drinks from the bar including champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte quarter bottles) available on request

First:
Box containing a salad, starter, pesto, bread bag, crackers, and mineral water bottle. A hot main dish in foil and trio of dessert/cheese pots in cardboard holder are served separately directly onto the tablecloth-covered table
Secondary meal (breakfast) is unconfirmed
Secondary meal (afternoon tea) is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Primary breakfast flight
Primary breakfast service is unconfirmed
Secondary meal is a box containing sandwich, fruit salad, crackers, scone, clotted cream, jam, macarons atop the tablecloth-covered table

Print Wikipost

COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The CEO letter to UK based BAEC members waffled on about how nice it was to see BA planes at parts non-UK.
One suspects he hasn't flown BA during the Covid Catering time.
Once we can get back to the nice parts of Asia, the SQ tail fin with decent catering will be much more attractive.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
And the QR tailfin with top notch catering (albeit slightly altered service protocols) has continued throughout, sans brown paper bags, boxes, crew sandwiches, child size meals, or "enjoy your menu"
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by southsquare
And the QR tailfin with top notch catering (albeit slightly altered service protocols) has continued throughout, sans brown paper bags, boxes, crew sandwiches, child size meals, or "enjoy your menu"
Did you get a glass of rosé champagne in Y? 😁
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
Did you get a glass of rosé champagne in Y? 😁
And all the brown coloured carbonated soft drink you can fill your gills with! (Brand name withheld for the sanity of other readers)
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
F doesn’t usually have a tray, so the thinking may be that individual boxed components delivered course by course is closer to the normal service than using a tray.
That's not how it was delivered to me - I believe I posted pics much earlier in the thread and it came all at once, in one box, although they took away the bread to warm it on one flight, and the hot main comes separately, IIRC.

rb211.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Does anybody have any knowledge about the situation regarding special meals? I saw it mentioned upthread that people had received special meals however on my upcoming flights, the option to request special meals is greyed out.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Does anybody have any knowledge about the situation regarding special meals? I saw it mentioned upthread that people had received special meals however on my upcoming flights, the option to request special meals is greyed out.
I believe that special meals are generally being received in a similar way to Oliver Twist politely requesting more. YMMV.

rb211.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

BGI-LHR a couple of days ago in J. Frankly, nothing short of inedible.
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
According to godsavethepoints crockery and glassware back by 20/01/2021 !
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
According to godsavethepoints crockery and glassware back by 20/01/2021 !
Hopefully sooner! Maybe prioritise long haul first
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by RB211
I believe that special meals are generally being received in a similar way to Oliver Twist politely requesting more. YMMV.

rb211.
Someone on my recent LAX-LHR flight was told that their kosher meals in F were not available. They were not impressed as there were no open food options in the terminal and then nothing that they would eat onboard.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think the USA and Canada flights are catered at their stations. ISB was return catered pre-pandemic.
The BA F meals were Do&Co from LAX recently, and as far as I could tell were very similar to what I received for LHR-DFW. I assumed they were return catered from London but I could be wrong.

There wasn't a true breakfast for the second meal, but rather an afternoon tea service. While the meals were a bit unusual, they were better than my low expectations. The short ribs on the outbound were actually surprisingly decent (better than I've had previously in F), and the scones for the second meal were a step up from what I remember the afternoon tea service being like in the past.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Given that special meals don’t seem to be available, can anybody confirm that there is at least a vegetarian option on long haul (will be travelling CW)?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dylanks
The BA F meals were Do&Co from LAX recently, and as far as I could tell were very similar to what I received for LHR-DFW. I assumed they were return catered from London but I could be wrong.
It may be different in First, but in CW things like the yoghurt and butter were clearly USA sourced. Plus the American water bottles give the game away.

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Given that special meals don’t seem to be available, can anybody confirm that there is at least a vegetarian option on long haul (will be travelling CW)?
So far there has been a vegetarian option of some description available in all cabins. However for fussy eaters it remains best to self cater for the time being.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:43 am

However for fussy eaters it remains best to self cater for the time being - That's me on every flight, even in F and J (!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.