Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
Double TP offer from BA, focusing on the wrong area..... but there you go, better than nothing I suppose.
Hopefully its not a fairly blunt instrument being used to avoid further extensions. They could choose to take a view that, ‘it’s your own fault for losing status’, now there are reduced TP requirements and double TP’s on holidays. Especially if the USA lands on the green list over the summer.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
It's 5 days stay minimum, and 2 people minimum as well. This is not going to work well for TP runs (not that that many are planned this summer I guess).
Old May 25, 2021, 6:13 am

The customer BA wants to retain us the non-price driven corporate account holder and this offer does nothing to address this. If they do double TPs for all flights in H2 then that might be a solution. Until then extensions will come I suspect : hope.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got flights booked for December, after my year reset date, at present. If all goes well, should easily get enough TP for gold again that month. Might just go the extra bit and get GGL again especially if the thresholds are still reduced)
BA holiday wise, not really planning anything at present beyond a few relatively safe flights and work ones, especially not 5 day trips (although could do NYC if the US opens up I suppose). Any TP earned before Dec will just go towards my lifetime gold total......only 14k left
Old May 25, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I am assuming your year end is January 2022 onwards? It may be that BA will do something in due course. They have already acted to protect those with year ends from July - December 2021, so it certainly is possible they may do something for those beyond that point.

mine is May 22. I still find it astonishing that BA haven’t agreed blanket extensions for expires across the whole of 2021, and not just those who expire Jul - Dec… I haven’t been able to make any meaningful use of my GGL nor CCR card since acquiring it in Feb 20. There’s zero chance of me even acquiring Gold status in the current membership, let alone GGL, through no fault of my own - we haven’t been allowed to leave the country for leisure purposes and this situation hasn’t been resolved yet.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
mine is May 22. I still find it astonishing that BA haven’t agreed blanket extensions for expires across the whole of 2021, and not just those who expire Jul - Dec… I haven’t been able to make any meaningful use of my GGL nor CCR card since acquiring it in Feb 20. There’s zero chance of me even acquiring Gold status in the current membership, let alone GGL, through no fault of my own - we haven’t been allowed to leave the country for leisure purposes and this situation hasn’t been resolved yet.
Could always do 14ish LHR-MAN CE returns for gold

I haven't been a plane since last October, with my last BA flight being in March (everything after that was cancelled due to lockdown).
Want to fly anywhere at present, even domestically, but at the same time, I can wait especially as a lot of prices are high for leisure trips and too much testing needed for various locations, with a risk of things changing overnight anyway.
Work has me driving back and forth, so no need to fly at this time
Old May 25, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Virgin Atlantic has just announced a blanket three month extension for Flying Club members, given the only green list destination it serves is Tel Aviv (which I shouldn't have thought is currently top of people's lists to holiday in) I suspect this is more for optics than anything else, but will be interesting to see if there is any reaction from BA - in particular if green list destinations are added more slowly than first thought..
travellingwigbury likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 7:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I think to your point BA have now dealt with anyone who would expire this year and possibly drop status. I do take your point that it now raises the question of those with card expires from January 2022 onwards and who are already part way through their collection year with limited ability to travel. It does seem something may happen on that front.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think to your point BA have now dealt with anyone who would expire this year and possibly drop status. I do take your point that it now raises the question of those with card expires from January 2022 onwards and who are already part way through their collection year with limited ability to travel. It does seem something may happen on that front.
In addition to this, I am expecting another 25% reduction in thresholds, at least for July - December 2022 Tier Year ends.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I agree. Although I feel there should be a special place in heaven for those of us still earning TPs going through MAN several times a week!
Old May 25, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Guf qualifications

Have not been lowered if I get this straight?

Has anyone heard anything about the guf special they had for 250 and 500tp?

Thnx
Old May 25, 2021, 9:44 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Why couldn't BA offer a straight out double TP promotion on all flights booked through BA and leave it at that? I have never booked a holiday package, and the 5-day minimum surely hamstrings many of us who like to go away for the occasional weekend or long weekend away. This makes no sense.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
I am GGL/CCR living in continental Europe, with zero flights flown since April 2020 and zero flights in the pipeline. East Asia and the US, my usual destinations, are closed for me for any meaningful intercontinental travelling. I am at the end of the first month of my 12 month renewal and I already realize now that I will certainly not be able to renew GGL, let alone CCR. Now, I can see why BA is delaying the decision to give us a blank extension, but I think that, at least in my case, they are wrong. Sitting on a sea of avios, with four GUFs and two Jokers in my account, it is obvious that I am not abandoning ship; the moment I can fly again for sure I will do it with BA. Do they really think that if the renew me now for a year until 2023 I will start flying Qatar or Emirates letting the GUFs and the Jokers perish? What kind of thinking is that? This said, if they think that I will be over the moon if they wait until the end of 2021 to finally renew me, then they are wrong again. Now it is the moment BA could send me a nice email saying "Mr Docsxx, we want to continue doing business with you and we want you to know that we care and for that reason, whatever the world will bring us in the next 11 months, rest assured, you are renewed. Very much looking forward to seeing you again inside one of our metal tubes. Yours."
Old May 25, 2021, 10:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by docsxx
This said, if they think that I will be over the moon if they wait until the end of 2021 to finally renew me, then they are wrong again.
Although in practical terms it won't make any difference whether they extend you now or sometime in the future prior to when you recommence flying. I accept that in a touchy-feely sense it would make you happier to know sooner rather than later.
docsxx likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Zero flights since February 2020 for me... Zero crossings of any borders, in fact... I feel so no-life.

It's soon June and for me it means my new BAEC membership cycle will begin. If I want to achieve GGL in the cycle of 2021-2022, I will only have until next May (so that any late points post on time). Currently I doubt my trips to Southeast Asia and India will materialise this fall. No, I don't fear the virus, but there's just so many restrictions and what not. Also I assume it will be a PIA with multiple SARS-CoV-2 tests required during my booked trips. Not to mention any self-isolation/quarantine will also jeopardize the itinerary. Way too much uncertainty.

I must say I'm starting to feel a pandemic fatigue, taken how many trips I've already had to cancel since last summer. I'm uncertain what to do about my plans. Maybe cancel everything voluntarily until January and hope travel is more normal then? So far all my cancellations have only caused a net loss of some approx. 300 €, thanks to insurance, so I've fared better than many. If I postpone my return to the skies, I will have a pretty crammed schedule next spring, if there's no extension and I only have the lower GGL threshold until next June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.