Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Looking forward to welcoming us back!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Social media is a double edged sword. I remember having a discussion with one of my colleagues at Corp Comm and she said it would require 24/7/365 monitoring. One thing is an unhappy customer, but a disgruntled former employee, dirty competition or similar could quickly cause a storm. We did B2B, however many end consumers would target us rather than their direct vendor. I’m not defending disabling comments and likes/dislikes but I understand where they’re coming from - particularly in these corona times.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Ditto: I've got Nice in August, Luqa September, AGP November (assuming relevant countres are accepting us Brits) then (assuming again!!) BKK is open by Chrimbo this year I'll be on RJ from MAD to BKK via AMM.

ML
Crikey! How low does your opinion of BA have to fall for RJ via AMM to become an attractive option ?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Crikey! How low does your opinion of BA have to fall for RJ via AMM to become an attractive option ?
The plan is to be in Southern Spain in December (I stress plan!!) and I want to do SE Asia Chrismas & New Year. So, AGP-MAD £100:00 return then AGP-BKK on RJ is £1456:00 in J. c£1K cheaper than if I did AGP-LHR-BKK return.

I've watched a couple of Youtube Reviews on RJ Business product and whilst it's not Qatar, taking into my own pre-requisites for J mandatory being cost and comfort (yep I know its 4 across no Lie-Flat MAD-AMM and 6 across AMM-BKK), being tee-total I dont care for Wine List, Spirits etc. Not too much bothered if the IFE is crap so long as the route map is good. And if I have to sit next to someone, providing they are not hygienically challenged then it doesnt bother me. Oh, and I'll keep Silver (560tp's) which means my BA travels within the UK and Europe (assuming I'll get to go to Europe again) mean I can avail of the lounge.

ML
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Q: With the trialling of the new boarding process, will Club Europe passengers be able to find space in the overhead lockers?

A: Yes, the overhead lockers will be closed during boarding of Euro Traveller customers to preserve space for Club Europe customers.

At least they have recognised this issue and tried to solve it.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Q: With the trialling of the new boarding process, will Club Europe passengers be able to find space in the overhead lockers?

A: Yes, the overhead lockers will be closed during boarding of Euro Traveller customers to preserve space for Club Europe customers.

At least they have recognised this issue and tried to solve it.
What is the new boarding process?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paulaf
Will there be any changes to the boarding process?

Yes, we’ll be trialling a boarding process for both our short-haul and long-haul flights. We will board from the rear of the aircraft to the front (if you’re travelling in First, then you will board first from the first row to the back row of the cabin). Please check your boarding pass for your row number and seat e.g. 15C.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:06 pm

This:

“We’ll be trialling a boarding process for both our short-haul and long-haul flights. We will board from the rear of the aircraft to the front (if you’re travelling in First, then you will board first from the first row to the back row of the cabin). Please check your boarding pass for your row number and seat e.g. 15C.”
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well spotted, and some relatively detailed FAQs here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...e-onboard-faqs
Did I read that right. Hot drinks are offered in CE but not CW?

And by not specifying a hot meal in CW does it mean only a cold entre is being offered?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Did I read that right. Hot drinks are offered in CE but not CW?
It says hot drink for CE from what I can see

What food and drinks will be available on board if you’re travelling in Club Europe (short-haul business)?

From 16 June, we will offer a light snack (breakfast or all-day option) offered with a selection of drinks, including soft drinks, juices, water or a hot drink. We will also have a selection of alcoholic drinks; these will be served either as miniatures or individual quarter bottles, please speak to a member of our crew. Our cabin crew will be able to provide you with details of choices available and any allergen advice. Any changes will be published on this page.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
This:

“We’ll be trialling a boarding process for both our short-haul and long-haul flights. We will board from the rear of the aircraft to the front (if you’re travelling in First, then you will board first from the first row to the back row of the cabin). Please check your boarding pass for your row number and seat e.g. 15C.”
I'm obviously a bit tired but I'm struggling with this, if I'm in row 2 CE say, so we all now board from the rear entrance, but are CE first and then in row number?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I'm obviously a bit tired but I'm struggling with this, if I'm in row 2 CE say, so we all now board from the rear entrance, but are CE first and then in row number?
I believe that they mean they will be boarding the rear rows first, all from the front door as usual. So CE row 2 pax will be the penultimate pax to board with row 1 being the last.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:52 pm

No they will still board from the front, but by rows. So let’s say Row 25-30 board first, etc, then CE will board last.

Although how easy will this be to manage at remote stands with bus boarding and stairs at the front and rear door.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Boarding back-to-front has been going on for several weeks now.

The usual boarding announcement will explain this is going to happen. They call first for those who need assistance / with infants. Then they will announce (e.g.) rows 25 to 30 to board (it's not row by row); then the next announcement invite rows 20-30 to board. Then 15 to 30 to board. With the low number of passengers and because this system means queuing in advance is fairly useless, everyone remains seated until called, it seems to work well and is reasonably civilised. For those in CE, you board last.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:35 pm

I guess this will also spell the end of queuing on the jetbridge when the aircraft isn’t ready. It’s a cramped space and wouldn’t allow for social distancing if we’re all pushed through at once.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Of course, the positive is that if you're in CE then you'll be off first anyway - and not having those pesky low lifes pushing past you if you had boarded first!

Queuing on the jet-bridge is 'strictly' 2m social distancing - and regulated by loading by a few rows at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.