Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Flights to Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by yokozuma
I've got a trip booked landing at EZE on 15th December.

BA flights from LHR to Buenos Aires have been running for some time now, however the Argentinian border remains closed for foreign nationals (unless you have family there or from a nearby country Brazil etc.).

Keep reading conflicting reports about borders opening to foreign tourists on 15th December (with a test on arrival), now some say 20th December.

The BA flights have been going to EZE for some time now so it won't be cancelled, until something concrete is written on the Gov website not sure we have any choice but to cancel and take the hit or try and move the dates. Not sure if a voucher is available if the flight is still going?
If your flight isn't cancelled you would be able to change the date without paying any change fee but you would be responsible for any applicable fare difference.

Also, you would be able to get a Future Travel Voucher.

Although, if your flight goes through, refunds would be made according to the original fare rules.
yokozuma likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If your flight isn't cancelled you would be able to change the date without paying any change fee but you would be responsible for any applicable fare difference.

Also, you would be able to get a Future Travel Voucher.

Although, if your flight goes through, refunds would be made according to the original fare rules.
Thanks, gone through it and seen a change fee online, better over the phone I think. Also better over the phone to get the pre-booked seats moved over as well, but I know that is always a funny issue!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks, gone through it and seen a change fee online, better over the phone I think. Also better over the phone to get the pre-booked seats moved over as well, but I know that is always a funny issue!
Yes, the change fee would be waived if you call in.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There was a recent announement from 'Oor Alberto' that entry restrictions for foreigners has been extended until Dec 20th when it will be reviewed again.
yokozuma likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:17 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Originally Posted by HIDDY
There was a recent announement from 'Oor Alberto' that entry restrictions for foreigners has been extended until Dec 20th when it will be reviewed again.
The authorities are now actually allowing in a few tour groups to view the total solar eclipse on the 14th. (Not that this helps with an arrival date of the 15th mind)
yokozuma likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by TSE
The authorities are now actually allowing in a few tour groups to view the total solar eclipse on the 14th. (Not that this helps with an arrival date of the 15th mind)
Rules for some but not for others......typical lefty attitude.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:06 pm

Up to date info for Argentina can be found in the lnk below. It also confirms the 20th December date.Although some are saying that is a tad too optimistic for traellers from certain countries.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
yokozuma likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:30 am

20th December review date has gone form the IATA website now.

Found this new report but not much else, looks like I'll be constantly moving the date of flight back just so I don't have to cancel it

BUENOS AIRES, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Argentina has decided to extend what it calls Social, Preventive and Obligatory Distancing regulations to control the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) until Jan. 31, 2021, President Alberto Fernandez announced Friday.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:33 pm

Lockdown rules have eased a tad recently. However with Christmas nearly upon us I imagine they are more for the benefit of the locals rather than tourists.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:24 am

All flights to Argentina from the UK stopped immediately now. Looking forward to being on hold to BA all day and moving my flight to December 2021

From La Nacion:
New strain alert: Government suspends flights from Great Britain
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:19 am

All flights to Argentina from the UK stopped immediately now. Looking forward to being on hold to BA all day and moving my flight to December 2021

From La Nacion:
New strain alert: Government suspends flights from Great Britain
Yes all a bit rich considering most other countries in Europe will already have the strain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.