Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fire Suppression System Deployment Incident LHR BA Hangar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fire Suppression System Deployment Incident LHR BA Hangar

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Ah yes, good old Inspector Sands!

He has been around for a few years and have heard him paged a few times now whilst traveling in London. Have told a few family members and work colleagues about this and twice now on hearing it I have edged my way towards an exit in order to be the first out. The first time I heard it the place was evacuated so was one of the first out, the second time it was stood down.
it used to ve an IRA bomb Code as well.
They would ring up and say something like “Bobby Sands is in ex building”
Old May 8, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by BOH
Ah yes, good old Inspector Sands!

He has been around for a few years and have heard him paged a few times now whilst traveling in London. Have told a few family members and work colleagues about this and twice now on hearing it I have edged my way towards an exit in order to be the first out. The first time I heard it the place was evacuated so was one of the first out, the second time it was stood down.
i never realized that this was a universal code. Back in the late 70s and early 80s, I used to work at a football stadium on match days and was aware of what a tannoy message for Mr. Sands to contact the match day manager meant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.