Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold Line Cutting Off

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Just to reiterate for all those in the same boat as me, you can call the Gold line for free using Skype, no matter where you are in the world and the line does not cut off.
fartoomanyusers and wilsnunn like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:52 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Last month when in Lanzarote and trying to reschedule flights , I kept getting cut off at around 45 seconds after the part where it says what can be done on BA.com.
That was calling from O2 using free roaming minutes.
I assumed that it was due to high call volume due to the uk government introducing the quarantine for travellers returning from Spain at that time.

I got through on the regular number after a long hold but kept getting put through to agents who clearly weren’t in the UK (even though my calls were UK weekday working hours) and it took a lot more effort to get things sorted.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Called the Gold Line again from my Three mobile today, was happy that I wasn't cut off at the beginning but was cut off at the 33min mark!

Edit: The agent called back and said that it was a mistake on their end.

Last edited by wilsnunn; Aug 31, 2020 at 6:16 am
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:14 am

I had a similar issue but then called the Gold UK direct dial (020) number and called worked fine, so that might be a useful workaround.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Never experienced this before. “We are sorry that we cannot take your call right now. This is due to increased call volumes…” etc. Etc. And then it hangs up. Also happens on calling BA holidays direct. It asks that you do not call if you have a booking >8 weeks away, but doesn’t give you a chance to hold on if this is not the case. My booking is in three weeks and therefore it is balance payment deadline day. The destination is red listed, so I need to speak to someone to change it. Infuriating. At least when you are on hold, you know that someone will get to you eventually….

p.s. please don’t suggest Twitter as I am not on it.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I've been cut off twice today, second time when I was waiting on confirmation that change to my booking had been made.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:02 am

Have you tried the BA Live Chat?

I found it to be hit and miss but a much higher success rate than calling the holidays number.

Go to: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...st-information

Then click Chat button in bottom right.
Click Holiday bookings -> 'My holiday is affected by a flight or hotel cancellation. What are my options?' -> 'No' -> 'I'd like to talk to a live customer support expert'

If it doesn't work, type 'Speak with an agent'

This will put you in the general BA live chat queue, you will wait a while, you can then ask to be transferred to a holiday agent. At this point it becomes luck, I've been transferred straight away, had to wait up to 45 minutes and sometimes been told their too busy and to try again later.

I tried a mixture of this with calling, but this seemed to work most reliably
scoonee likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:26 am

Currently sat in the queue. Was no. 70 and got through to an agent who then moved me to the holidays queue, so we will see….have been no. 3 since transfer!
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
It’s an absolute disgrace. They’re adopting the Iberia policy of refusing to answer the phone.

Just had my bank holiday trip ruined for the second time because they’re bizarrely cancelling flights left right and centre to places people want to fly to.

Lisbon is completely sold out and now they’ve cancelled my Ibiza and they’ve sold out on that route too! Not sure what the rationale is behind cancelling flights which were selling down the back in booking class H only on Friday?! Maybe this is why they’re swamped?
scoonee likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:31 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
The Didsbury office had a complete power outage 1110-1215, with all phone lines and systems down, which will have explained some of the above. It is coming back online now. Apologies.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by BA refund helper
The Didsbury office had a complete power outage 1110-1215, with all phone lines and systems down, which will have explained some of the above. It is coming back online now. Apologies.
Thank you for the update.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:00 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tdgraves
Currently sat in the queue. Was no. 70 and got through to an agent who then moved me to the holidays queue, so we will see….have been no. 3 since transfer!
just cut me off for lost connection after 1 1/2 hours
scoonee likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 7:50 am

Still being cut off without joining a call queue. Diabolical.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Tdgraves
just cut me off for lost connection after 1 1/2 hours
finally sorted after rejoining a general queue again and then being moved to the holidays queue. Took an hour of chat rather than 10 mins on the phone mind you…
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BA refund helper
Ok, but that can only be the smallest part of the problem.

I've been trying since early this morning to get through. I've been hung up on many times, sometimes after being on hold for an hour. Several times I've gotten through but the system has connected me to the wrong department for my issue. One of the "wrong" agents told me it's been crazy since Friday. It's hard to understand why BA hasn't been able to muster sufficient resources since then.

This afternoon I tried the chat function suggested above. After 70 minutes, I got down from 72nd to 3rd when the line suddenly said there are no agents, try again. Very frustrating, given that I'm calling about a relatively expensive business class ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.