Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios - will it still be Peak Summer Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios - will it still be Peak Summer Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I realise I may be wrong - but as can be seen BA have Avios available on pretty much every route.

But it’s peak pricing. When the planes won’t be full. So you would expect that the cash prices will be less than the Avios cost.
so....book with cash.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Think of it this way; if more flights are operating are JUL/AUG, they’re still going to be limited, kids are going to be out of home school arrangements, there’ll be some pent up travel demand, lots of members sitting on piles of Avios from cancelled bookings, etc. It will still be *peak* in this new normal; a more popular time to travel for those who are able.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Think of it this way; if more flights are operating are JUL/AUG, they’re still going to be limited, kids are going to be out of home school arrangements, there’ll be some pent up travel demand, lots of members sitting on piles of Avios from cancelled bookings, etc. It will still be *peak* in this new normal; a more popular time to travel for those who are able.
I do not agree. The wish to travel will certainly be there, as it is now, but Governments will just as certainly be very restrictive on who they let in. I cannot see much travel being possible this summer at all. Airlines will also not want to resume flights if good loads (or high prices) cannot be achieved, so that too will be a limiting factor.

On top of that, there will additionally be reduced demand due to the economical depression that looks about to hit most areas of the world.

oh, and I hope I’m wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.