Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
PMI booked for October, DFW, AUS, and CVG in November.

Then we'll see if I manage to re-create my first proper TP run that was booked for May but was cancelled and is now in the process of being refunded. GOT/HEL/LHR/BOS/LAX/DFW/CVG/DFW/LAX/JFK/LHR/HEL/GOT

Phew!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
We’ve a few trips planned for 50th birthdays and 25th anniversaries- so hoping that we’ll br able to keep at least one of them.

first one has already been mucked about with several times. Was due to be a twin centre at LED and DME, then when BA pulled LED it became a triple centre starting at HEL, now they’ve also pulled HEL we’ve got flights to/from DME and planning on booking an internal flight to LED to go back to the original itinerary.

following that we’ve a weekend in OSL to see (don’t laugh) a-ha in concert.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by bakera
... following that we’ve a weekend in OSL to see (don’t laugh) a-ha in concert.
Showing my age here but we had a triple header of Genesis related concerts. Steve Hackett in Tampa in March, The Musical Box in NYC in April and tickets for Genesis in Manchester in December. The first two were cancelled. Hoping we can still make the last one.
bakera likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Madrid.....I was supposed to go on the Friday before the weekend when it started to go really bad in Spain. It was to be my first ever visit to the city and it was also to be my first journey as a silver having reached the milestone for the first time in 15 years. As a friend said to me "Madrid will always be there"
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Escaped from AUS on 19 March, yesterday should have arrived on Con Dao, an island south of Ho Chi Minh but currently in lockdown in GVA . First trip will be back to SYD and CNS but am thinking it will be Sept/Oct at the earliest s and haven't begun looking at flights.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:34 pm

For me, waiting to see if a weekend in Switzerland is possible late August then Perth in October, Langkawi late October, Toronto November then Hawkes Bay for Christmas.

Hoping Perth onwards happens, but if not will have to rebook in order for as soon as possible. For me it's just about travelling places I haven't seen/been. A week into lockdown here and I'm sharply reminded of why I prefer travelling to being 'at home'.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Love the idea of an all inclusive resort, but not sure about the fat, dumb and happy bit - I’m already so under current lockdown!
Our April first trip to Belgium got canceled....thus asap re-plan, not sure this can be in 2020 though...
Second is most certainly an all-inclusive resort in Turkey, no visa needed for my Thai partner and daughter.
I hope our flight tickets on Thai Airways can be rescheduled, otherwise a Turkish flight Bangkok to Brussels with a one-week stopover in Turkey for the all-inclusive resort.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:30 pm

I'm booked to Tel Aviv followed by hiking in Switzerland in July. I have my doubts on that one, but fingers crossed. Getting to Canada to see my parents will also be high on the list. While I could go now if I needed to, 14 days of enforced quarantine first makes that a bit impractical.

Last edited by makin'miles; Apr 2, 2020 at 5:10 am
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
My first trip will include a haircut followed by a barista made espresso or flat white finishing off with a decent pint in the pub
Stewie Mac and dylanks like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
My first trip will include a haircut followed by a barista made espresso or flat white finishing off with a decent pint in the pub
I hear this...there's an "Irish" pub here in Strasbourg (or to be exact, in the back streets of Illkirch) and I'm going to line them up...

As for the haircut...the temperature is going to start to rise very soon as summer will be upon us...and I'm going to need one...

My electric razor has a pop out trimmer attachment and the fact of the matter is that I will simply shave my head in about 6 weeks time if the lock down continues.

They'll be a lot of silly hair cuts out there soon ...Chris
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Glad to know you have your life priorities sorted. Meanwhile go DIY one of those viral dalgona coffees while in isolation.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60
The shop was refurbished and modernised recently, and lost a lot of its character in the process. The chocolate is as good as ever, of course, but the experience is no longer anything particularly special. And they must have improved the air-conditioning, as you are no longer hit by the deep aroma of chocolate when you walk through the door!
Oh dear! Thanks for the warning. I’m glad to hear the chocolate is as good as ever!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Home to Manchester, looking forward to being in my own home and this current international nightmare being behind us, although is suspect it will be rather strange feeling being post-Covid.

Last edited by navylad; Apr 1, 2020 at 5:04 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Chris_G
I hear this...there's an "Irish" pub here in Strasbourg (or to be exact, in the back streets of Illkirch) and I'm going to line them up...

...Chris
Guinness? I hope. Have one on me.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
I’d just like to come home, to NCL preferably.

I work on an oil tanker in the Caribbean and due to immigration restrictions and lack of flights I’m stuck here for the foreseeable.

However for now I’m safe and healthy here and that’s a priority and something so many are unfortunately unable to say.

May this horrible pandemic start to disappear soon and normality return!

Holiday wise, another trip to the US is in my plans, most likely next year now to go to several baseball games across different states!

Stay safe flyer friends!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.