Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

With cabin fever setting in while at home, I’ve been pondering and scheming and planning and pontificating where my first trip is going to be once this unusual episode is over to make it “count”.

I had just started a career break but had to cut short a trip to NYC when airlines started cancelling flights and countries started closing their borders to tourists and transits - just to head home in 30+ hours to SIN for 2 weeks’ home quarantine.

Maybe head back to NYC to finish what I started? Or some place truly exotic like Iceland? Or fly even further to Peru?

What epic trip plans are brewing at your end? And no, not referring to business trips that you have to do for work...
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Do what I was going to do anyway, just a few months postponed = )

I am worried about fares spiking when all this is over though.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
Vegas baby!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I am worried about fares spiking when all this is over though.
I’m hoping that there’ll be a mega sale to get people flying again, to fill seats!
FinnRolo likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
London. Have had it booked since last year. Hopefully this October.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have a range of flights booked all the way up to December, so it's more a case of taking what I can when I can... .
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Venice, Rome, London
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
I asked Mr Z this afternoon where would be the first place he'll go... His reply? To the barbers 😂😂

He can go there if he likes. Me? I want a HNL TP run, right after I go see my Mum for a hug!

Actually, I'll be happy if my daughter manages to hold onto her beloved job at Gatwick
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
This is actually beginning to be an issue...having a haircut...

I'm in eastern France and from what I gather a Corona hotspot. I don't anticipate visiting a barbers for at least 3 months...and that means facing the French summer with long hair

It maybe that I will simply shave my head and have done with it...there are going to be an increasing number of silly haircuts out there when this is done...

As for my travel plans...I haven't cancelled my St Lucia in October using the last Lloyds upgrade voucher...

Japan for skiing in January appeals...major one month trip I think. Went there only 2 months ago (seems like a different space time dimension now) and although the snow in Hakuba wasn't the hbest year I still had a blast...

Chris
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I was looking forward to a week of being fat, dumb and happy at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic, and I still look forward to it, even if it may end up not being the original dates.

It was originally part of the carefully laid out plan for me and the missus to achieve our first-ever Golds between my February renewal and her October renewal, but I think that's out the window now. Nevertheless, the complimentary rum should soothe the sorrows of our Very Important Problems.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris_G
This is actually beginning to be an issue...having a haircut...

I'm in eastern France and from what I gather a Corona hotspot. I don't anticipate visiting a barbers for at least 3 months...and that means facing the French summer with long hair

It maybe that I will simply shave my head and have done with it...there are going to be an increasing number of silly haircuts out there when this is done...
Speaking of haircuts, there are a number of YouTube videos teaching you to self cut. Or get a family member to learn, then cut for you!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by groenroos
I was looking forward to a week of being fat, dumb and happy at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic, and I still look forward to it, even if it may end up not being the original dates.
Love the idea of an all inclusive resort, but not sure about the fat, dumb and happy bit - I’m already so under current lockdown!
JustTheOne and groenroos like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To be honest I'm just looking forward to the day I can walk a few blocks to Abuela Goye for a coffee and some decent cake....the appeal of the wife's homemade apple tart is beginning to wear a bit thin.
I'm in no rush to fly anywhere this year. However the 'dear green place' will be our next destiantion.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
My Japan trip for next month has been derailed so that'll be first on the list when things start recovering.
I personally think certain parts of the world will "open" up before others, so I'll be most likely guided by that.
Can't see myself heading to Europe or US for a while although they were both on the cards this year...
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:46 pm

Fingers crossed for our long-planned and booked Ireland Wild Atlantic Way trip in September. I’m also slightly obsessed with the Rausch chocolate shop in Berlin, so dreaming of a trip there next winter!
HNL1K likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.