Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
In theory, LIS in June for first proper family holiday... Was about to book before COVID struck and then was busy and forgot, luckily. Summer trip to YVR under discussion too.

In practice, multiple work trips to CPH might be the limit!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
For us it will be SJO (Costa Rica) with the plan of moving there. I'll be sitting my time 3 weeks over there and 1 week in the UK each month to keep everything ticking along here. Really hope that BA restart the route to make moving easier but on an ongoing basis I suspect I'll do LIR-DFW-LHR as usual route back.

Other than that... depending on dates and what happens with everything I have trips planned to Mexico and Boston in the coming months - both are personal and for tattoos and can certainly wait until all this is over.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
First class to JFK - 2 night stay at the TWA hotel - pretend to live in that era, and have lots of cocktails in the Connie.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:40 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Would like to go back to Japan.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
So our first foray to Provence with our triplets (now 7 months) is not going to happen next month, and my two work trips (LAX/SFO and SE Asia) have been postponed indefinitely. The days of us having carefree trips to the US are behind us, at least for a few years, so I was really looking forward to those work trips. Can’t see myself getting on a plane any time soon, as we have no idea what things will look like in a few months and I have a feeling that travel will be much reduced at work (assuming it’s even possible in the same way).
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hopefully a flight to Boston, MA where I will pick up a very fuel inefficient rental car and drive around the east coast of the US for a couple of weeks. Currently booked for August, but doubting whether it will go ahead. And weekly trips to Europe for work.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
In 2021 would like to do everything I had to scrap for 2020... from solo trips - TP optimized - to couple city-breaks and family vacations.
First on the list, any warm place - especially in SouthEast Asia - during late winter/early spring!
I'm already regretting having had just one run in CGK last early February*

*at the time of booking it, I thought "I have already a lot of other flights in late April"

Last edited by Lefly; Apr 1, 2020 at 8:59 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:54 am

Still have tickets to VIE in December, we’ll see if travel is advisable at that time.

Rescheduling our trip to Australia to 2021.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:15 am

Italy. Had it planned for last week of September, first week of October. Keeping an eye on the situation.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Fiji currently has 5 cases in total. That sounds like a pretty good destination for me (been once, would like to see more outside of Nadi). Maldives too, but I want to save that for a honeymoon.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:46 am

I’m waiting for a cruise to be cancelled in June. My July Provincetown and August Ottawa are already cancelled so I’m tempted to look for a Christmas Cruise, hopefully to Australia.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Namibia and Botswana.......waiting for the flights we have booked for May 10th to be cancelled so that we can rebook and rearrange.

We long to be back under big skies, to see endless horizons, to smell warm earth and to be where are hearts are full.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redrose59
We long to be back under big skies, to see endless horizons, to smell warm earth and to be where are hearts are full.
Truly well said!
redrose59 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Usual family trip to Venice and Israel and then... Bhutan(*) followed by NYC! But first, a haircut!

(*) Or Samarkhand, or Georgia, or Zanzibar or Newfoundland and Nova Scotia depending on the time of the year.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
First trip will probably be back to NCL to see my parents. After that, it will be somewhere slightly more exotic as I have a honeymoon to plan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.