Wiki Posts
Search

GUF2 can be used to upgrade two others?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:01 am
Original Poster

GUF2 can be used to upgrade two others?

Hi

I have recently received my GUF2 for hitting 2500 Tier Points.

My son and their partner is travelling to Joberg using their companion voucher on club world. Could i use my GUF2 to upgrade them both to First?

Jaipal
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:18 am

Yes if they are your redemption nominees (part of your Friends and Family list or Household Account).
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can certainly use a GUF for others, but I am not sure if you can use your GUF for a booking made by others using their 2-4-1 voucher.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaipal93
Hi

I have recently received my GUF2 for hitting 2500 Tier Points.

My son and their partner is travelling to Joberg using their companion voucher on club world. Could i use my GUF2 to upgrade them both to First?

Jaipal
Originally Posted by KARFA
You can certainly use a GUF for others, but I am not sure if you can use your GUF for a booking made by others using their 2-4-1 voucher.
It seems I have found an answer in the GUF thread which I co-wrote!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28823620-post4.html

A question has come up for two people travelling and combining one person's 2-4-1 voucher with the other person's GUF. It seems BA's position is that the primary account holder needs to be the same for the 2-4-1 and GUF, so you can't do combinations of vouchers from different passengers. Thanks to Full Score who reported this in post 132.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.