Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Can a US citizen enter the UK these days?
Only if you have a good reason to enter the country. I know there have been Americans deported back to the US on arrival in LHR recently as they weren't on essential travel (eg returning to a permanent residence).
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:31 am

Our LGW route has just had its daily routes cancelled leaving only 3 x days for the entire month left. Any idea why only 3 x days left, they are not all together either?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Our LGW route has just had its daily routes cancelled leaving only 3 x days for the entire month left. Any idea why only 3 x days left, they are not all together either?
It would probably help if you mentioned the route! I'm guessing it's Bridgetown, Barbados. As I see it BA are currently scheduling for 1 June 2020 onwards to resume in full. In the final week of May there are currently 3 flights, non daily at the end of May: Friday 22 May, Wednesday 27 May, Friday 29 May. This was on the basis of 2 flights at week, after LGW reopens on 22 May, going to Barbados for cargo and repatriation purposes. The two flights a week service was planned just before LGW BA hub was closed until 21 May. But the quarantine, lockdown and curfew rules has made it pretty much impossible for longhaul airlines to operate to BGI, so I'd say 22 May is at risk of cancellation and the rest of the service may well see cancellations.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by seantheman
Still awaiting cancellation for ANU 1st of may, zeroed out too.
I just had the cancellation email for my flight LGW to ANU on 13 May.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:11 am

Lima cancelled

Just received cancellation notice of my flights from London to Lima, Peru in May.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:50 am

I rang BA (no status) and first two occasions got the automated message. Third time decided not to select option 1 or 2 (only ones given) and got through in 15 minutes. On the telephone for 40 minutes in all, probably 20 of those being the actual cancellation. Lovely professional staff member who told me to check BAEC in an hour and I should see the 2-4-1 and the returned Avios. Refund to Amex - told to allow 3 weeks. The refund also includes my seating reservation fee.

Not sure if the refund button would have worked - but this was after having spoken to BA.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:04 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I know this is terrible but thank you so much. I am hoping to get the cancellation soon.
just received my PHL cancellation email for May 12th a few minutes ago......
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just received two cancellation emails for my flights to and from MIA. The MIA-LHR was the outbound of a companion voucher booking which may have expired already or about to expire. I wonder if they'll extend it.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
just received my PHL cancellation email for May 12th a few minutes ago......
Yeah i did too. I am trying to use one of the workarounds to do it online as i need a refund
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yeah i did too. I am trying to use one of the workarounds to do it online as i need a refund
If it is a simple there and back booking, it may be better to telephone. The lines are busy but not overwhelmed at the moment, and if you can leave it to this evening it will get quieter at that point.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:33 am

Can anyone get any of the workarounds to work to get refunds?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it is a simple there and back booking, it may be better to telephone. The lines are busy but not overwhelmed at the moment, and if you can leave it to this evening it will get quieter at that point.
Thank you. I will try later on tonight. Its so infuriating. I kind of knew this was going to happen (thank you flyertalk!) but its beyond ridiculous that we have to go through all of this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:45 am

Thank you. I will try later on tonight. Its so infuriating. I kind of knew this was going to happen (thank you flyertalk!) but its beyond ridiculous that we have to go through all of this.
I called this morning and it was painfree. The Avios are already in my account. I called around 10am.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:51 am

Been trying since i got the mail at 10.30am and just get the "reduced call service- unable to take your call" and get cut off.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:54 am

Been trying since i got the mail at 10.30am and just get the "reduced call service- unable to take your call" and get cut off.
I managed to get through without selection any options - not sure if that really did make a difference but I didn't get the recorded message and cut off. I just ignored them telling me to select 1 or 2 and it rang through to a waiting line. Answered after about 15 minutes on hold.
MiraculousM likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.