Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Old Mar 30, 20, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Currently, BA's May onwards fight schedule remains unchanged, although they are allowing changes under the BA Confidence arrangement. When you do anticipate confirmed changes/reductions in their overall timetable from May might be announced?
Old Mar 30, 20, 5:38 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Middle of April
Old Mar 30, 20, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
My Marrakech flight in May from LHR was cancelled last week so I think they've started already.
Old Mar 30, 20, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Flyer26 View Post
Currently, BA's May onwards fight schedule remains unchanged, although they are allowing changes under the BA Confidence arrangement. When you do anticipate confirmed changes/reductions in their overall timetable from May might be announced?
AA announced a 80% reduction of service last Friday for April and May. The reduced April schedule will be reflected on aa.com Sunday, March 29, and the reduced May schedule will be loaded Sunday, April 5.
maybe this helps... i think BA will follow a smiliar schedule.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 20, 6:01 am

Programs: IHG Gold
It might depend on the destination.

I've a Newcastle return early May that is no longer required (unfortunately due to a friend having to postpone their wedding). However as it's domestic it might still fly.

Some chance I will receive a new date and can rebook it, but happy to let it run for now and see what happens. Happy to take the voucher on this one as it's not too much money. I've other bookings in June/July that I want the money back for however, but will wait out on those in the small hope they can go ahead.
Old Mar 30, 20, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
The sooner the better TBH.

I have flights in May on both BA and AA that have already been messed around for covid and non covid reasons (and I make no complaint about that) but I would like some certainty or at least more certainty than I have at the moment.
Old Mar 30, 20, 7:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
I think BA's schedule will depend a lot on any given countrie's travel restriction. I think airlines are in a very difficult position right now. Even if they wanted to fly from A to B, it is difficult to know right now if this will be possible at all.

I am not holding my breath for any travel in May at the moment anyway. I am certain travel in Europe will still be severly disrupted then.
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
I have a couple of leisure flights end of May, to LHR and KEF, that are still "up and running" in manage my booking.
I don't know if BA will keep those flights or cancel them, but I don't think I'll be able to go anyway...
For the moment I'm just waiting to see what will happen.
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:16 am

My early bank holiday May from LCY to Palma was cancelled last week- the return to LHR is still showing as running.
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
On the Washington - LHR route(s) they seem to being only doing a 3-4 day ahead planning. The next flight (IAD-LHR) is Wednesday, then supposedly daily, but usually the non Sat/Wed flights disappear closer to the time.

Clearly this is annoying in that they don't actually tell you your flight is cancelled until the day before (for the non Sat/Wed flights), and it also means that the Sat/Wed flights are full (at least down the back - last Saturday only 8 seats empty in economy, on a 789 - not exactly the most spacious of planes, and certainly no social distancing!).
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by florens View Post
I think BA's schedule will depend a lot on any given countrie's travel restriction. I think airlines are in a very difficult position right now. Even if they wanted to fly from A to B, it is difficult to know right now if this will be possible at all.

Yes, this surely has to be the case ........ it seems hard to imagine that BA’s flying programme will not continue to be decimated over the course of the next couple of weeks. Once it is apparent that all those anxious to return to their ‘home’ country have been able to do so, there will be far fewer reasons to warrant maintenance of services (especially in light of the ongoing risk to CC, as highlighted in a concurrent thread).

When people are being instructed to stay away from their workplaces (even if such workplaces involve a mere 10 minute car journey ....) it is hard to see any ongoing demand for overseas business travel, other than in very exceptional circumstances. Leisure travel is already a complete no-go, of course.

EDIT : the only OW carrier (maybe ONLY carrier ?) continuing to operate anything close to a ‘normal’ schedule seems to be QR ..... meaning that anyone willing to change in DOH can still - immigration / border controls permitting of course - get to a wide range of countries.
Crampedin13A likes this.

Last edited by subject2load; Mar 30, 20 at 9:32 am Reason: addition
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have a few LHR-JFK trips in April and May. I've been hoping for cancellations as I don't want any more vouchers.

I got lucky with one in April but another April reservation was annoyingly on the two daily flights that seem to have been kept running. It seems that they have cut the service right back to two a day all through April but left the May onwards flights in place for now. I am hoping there will be another block cancellation coming up soon.
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Those routes and frequencies which are not supporting the economic proposition can be cancelled sooner rather than later. However, local restrictions on who may travel and in what manner, change all the time. Those may affect schedules on very short notice. Thus, if you wish to cancel, I would simply wait until the latest possible time and only accept a voucher when it becomes apparent that the flight will operate.

AA is not operating anything on LHR-JFK and all flights for the revenue-sharing JV are performed by BA. Hard to say what happens to every frequency.
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
Yes, certainly AA seems to have updated its scheduled over the weekend. I had a LAS - LAX flight booked for mid-April and that has changed, with AA now only operating a single direct LAS - LAX service. I also had a LAS - DFW flight (connecting onto BA192 to LHR) change by an hour or so. However, given that Trump has now indicated that social distancing in the US will continue until the end of April at least (and not Easter as he previously intimated) I would certainly expected to see more schedule changes over the next fortnight or so.
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:17 am

Programs: British Airways
Double check the app first, before the website. Not entirely sure why, but, all my cancellations (~10 now) showed in the app first, and under flight status. For some reason the online mmb viewer still thinks all the flights are running.
Voda_boy likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: