Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Our JER/LGW 10-17 May cancelled by email, but still buyable (expensively!) on-line.
Curious, as BA stopped flying to JER last week!
I guess they’ll unravel it all eventually, once they’ve decided if we’re Domestic or European. 🤪
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by T8191
Our JER/LGW 10-17 May cancelled by email, but still buyable (expensively!) on-line.
Curious, as BA stopped flying to JER last week!
I guess they’ll unravel it all eventually.
I've been getting two emails for each flight I've had cancelled over the last few days. The first that says the flight is cancelled (and mentions coronavirus) arrives before the flight is actually cancelled in the system and can even be booked. Then a while later I get the more familiar cancelled email (and usually an SMS) and at this point it is now really cancelled.
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
Still waiting for my Malaga flights to be cancelled on 6th May, tried calling and can't get through.
Definitely no point calling! You will find out before the telephone agents anyway, just keep an eye on your email and/or MMB.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by layz
I've been getting two emails for each flight I've had cancelled over the last few days. The first that says the flight is cancelled (and mentions coronavirus) arrives before the flight is actually cancelled in the system and can even be booked. Then a while later I get the more familiar cancelled email (and usually an SMS) and at this point it is now really cancelled.
Yes, same here ... although the JER-LGW ‘red email’ is lagging a bit!!
Patience is a virtue, and possibly my only one (and even that’s questionable) 😃

First time we’ve ever had a cancellation or major change ... it’s quite exciting, in an unpleasant way.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by checkerboard
This would make sense, yes, But if it really was the case that they were working towards an organized wind-down of services for May, why would they keep selling seats on routes they don't intend to operate?

In an attempt to answer my own question: with regard to LHR-CDG, for example, where from 1-May, the full (pre-COVID-19) schedule is still available for sale, I wonder if BA aren't giving maximum choice to those who might need to travel, and using what bookings are confirmed as votes, of sorts, to know which of the rotations to maintain when they do pare down....

Then again, I suppose the question goes far beyond just what works for the most pax on an individual route. Surely, part of it must also involve timing the few operating flights from T5 in a way that allows for efficient allocation of staff, while at the same time minimizing as possible the number of people in the terminal at any one time.

Such a puzzle this must be for BA., or any airline, really.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
looks like the routes are getting worked through.

For refund you you need to call BA. Note who and when you spoke to. If not processed in three weeks then call back to ask why you should not do a charge back. If that fails then charge back or equivalent through your card issuer. I wouldn’t take the credit risk on a voucher.
Thanks for this - appears getting through to a BA call centre today is just impossible! Card issuer chargeback isn't a bad shout - tricky issue here is my reservation was a tier point run that was in part paid for by Avios, which AmEx can't refund - hence the need to try and play ball with BA for now!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Scotflyer80
ALL departures from LGW in May to the destinations below have now been cancelled:

Algiers
Almeria
Antalya
Bari
Cagliari
Catania
Corfu
Dubrovnik
Funchal
Genoa
Gran Canaria
Kos
Malta
Marrakech
Naples
Porto
Salzburg
Seville
Tirana
Turin
Verona
Alicante has been now also been cancelled for 05MAY

Called yesterday and got thru after a 5 minute wait to process refund for our booking 09APR. I'd noticed our seat numbers had dropped out of the BA app for the May booking while I was waiting for the agent to process the 09APR refund and queried whether these too were about to be cancelled. The agent looked at the booking and confirmed everything still in place including seat allocation. Today received the red email. Tried calling back and no such luck in getting thru. Time to park that refund for another day I guess.....

​​​​​​
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Our LHR to Palma De Mallorca (outbound 23/05, return 27/05) was cancelled today, email was received around lunchtime.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Definitely no point calling! You will find out before the telephone agents anyway, just keep an eye on your email and/or MMB.
Finally got the email and text, need to call for a refund now though I suppose as only voucher on offer in MMB?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
Finally got the email and text, need to call for a refund now though I suppose as only voucher on offer in MMB?
Yes, that's right, only the eVoucher is online, though you could try the Javascript or form version in the wiki of the Rebooking thread. People seem to be getting through so maybe try calling during the UK afternoon tomorrow.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's right, only the eVoucher is online, though you could try the Javascript or form version in the wiki of the Rebooking thread. People seem to be getting through so maybe try calling during the UK afternoon tomorrow.
I will try again tomorrow, I tried the workaround and couldn't do it!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Through today at about 3:45pm in 15 or so minutes. Agent was very helpful and I thought she said that the best time to call if I needed to call back was about 8:30pm, which according to the website would be at a time they’re closed!
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
They're still trying to flog me a POUG for a Boston flight in May.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:49 pm

Just got straight through and managed to get mine put through for refund. Agent did mention it had been an afternoon of cancellation requests.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Just got straight through and managed to get mine put through for refund. Agent did mention it had been an afternoon of cancellation requests.
So 1930 is a good time to call? Aaarggghhh ... everyone will try to call at that time now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.