Wiki Posts
Search

Where to store the Avios...??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Where to store the Avios...??

Finally accepted the reality of the situation and cancelled my J class Avios reward flight with Iberia MAD to MEX.

So hopefully I should have my 85k of Avios and £200 minus the cancellation fee returned to me...but where do you hold the Avios...??

Move them back to BA or leave them in my Iberia account...??

Chris
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:32 pm

Only you know what your future travel plans might be......
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:44 pm

Aren't the Avios inter transferable at any time between BA and IB?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Aren't the Avios inter transferable at any time between BA and IB?

Meant to be but often not due to poor IT.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Finally accepted the reality of the situation and cancelled my J class Avios reward flight with Iberia MAD to MEX.
After the previous discussions, I'm pleased to hear that.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by golfmad
After the previous discussions, I'm pleased to hear that.
Take the point...but after a week of lock down in my apartment here in France I was starting to punch the lights out.

The situation has of course radically changed for the worse and now that the UK has also closed restaurants, pubs etc...everyone is on the same page.

Unlike France at least in the UK you don't have to carry a letter justifying why you are out of your home (for the time being...watch this space...!!) because then you do feel really trapped.

However I'm beginning to sense that we might not have had some of the more graphic video out of Italy or China to prevent public panic...and that this virus is potentially a beast that should not be messed with...

Interestingly Mexico (to the best of my knowledge) have yet to lock down or prevent international travellers entering the country...and nor has there so far been difficulties leaving and the necessity of rescue flights are per other nearby countries (Peru etc...)

Nonetheless it would seem that its only a matter of time and that whatever the low chances in my particular age group of a fatality, why take the risk of burdening Mexico's health system if I become extremely ill for a week to 10 days...??

Chris
alexwuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.