Wiki Posts
Search

Most depressing trip ever

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Most depressing trip ever

Decided to leave the UK for Croatia for some time (one way ticket) as I discovered that both living/working in Canary Wharf is quite depressing without the office environment and frequent travelling.

BA848 is boarding in about half an hour.

Went to the Cathay Pacific lounge with chocolate and Jo Malone gift cards for the ladies at the reception. They were always so kind and friendly. Had my last “Western Set Breakfast” for a while. Sat in the lounge chair for 5 minutes to have a good look at T3.

On to the Qantas lounge for a Signature G&T. Brought chocolate for the reception as well. Lounge is fairly empty.

Next on is a short trip to the BA Galleries First for a coffee or tea, and then boarding.

No love for the AA lounge, although I do wish them all the best too.

Got some Starbucks vouchers and Swiss chocolate ready for the crew. Will try to sound optimistic when speaking to them, too much doom and gloom already. I will enter/leave the plane with a heavy heart, but in the end you just realise that we have taken so many things for granted, and were completely unprepared for such disruption. It will take a long time for the aviation industry to recover from this and some things will never be the same...but my sympathy goes out to the hard working staff that keep things running even in those difficult times.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Those were lovely gestures, well done!
CanaryWharf likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed
good luck pal
weve never met, probably never will, but your sentiments are understood by travellers everywhere
gallagher, ubiest and CanaryWharf like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I agree with your sentiment. It's very sad and disconcerting for everyone involved, especially the crew and staff.

All the best for your life in Croatia. At least, you will be spending your time in a beautiful part of the world, which I miss, after calling it a home for a while...

I hope my next BA flight won't be too long away... and as you say, my sympathy very much goes to hard working staff.
Owenc and CanaryWharf like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 20, 2020 at 8:14 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:17 pm

If that's the most depressing trip ever, then you have lived a very happy life. All the best in your new life.
CanaryWharf and SkyTeem like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.