Wiki Posts
Search

Spare toiletries for health care workers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Spare toiletries for health care workers

Just heard from a colleague who's daughter is front line care in London and is in meltdown not least for cracked hands from constant washing. Whilst not really BA this to is something many on this forum can help with immediately as many of these us will have stocks of hand cream etc from prior flights and can drop of at a local hospital. Many will have seen the distress health workers are suffering from the panic buying it and anything to support has too be good.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It is a great thought, but are hospitals actually expecting such donations or equipped to receive them? I can just imagine a receptionist looking at me as if I was mad offering a handful of miniature Elemis products.
Very happy to help (and not just with BA stuff) if it will be well received.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:33 pm

Don't. It is well meaning but will waste time. If you want to know how to help, ask first.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:38 pm

If you know someone personally who is struggling then give it to them.

Hospital front desks are not typically equipped to accept donations like this, and at the moment any distractions from their core mission will have a negative impact on them. A close family member is a doctor on the front lines, and although the NHS isn’t yet overwhelmed they’re doing a hell of a lot of planning to try and keep it that way - so resources are already thinly stretched. Things are, unfortunately, only going to get worse from here on in.

Alternative suggestions would be donating them to a local homeless shelter, or to older and more vulnerable folk in the community who might not be able to get to the shops ahead of panic buyers.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
You could try any elderly or vulnerable neighbours who can’t make it to the shops or are worried about going out, or have struggled due to the panic buying.

P.S squawk beat me to this idea.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Food bank or homeless shelter better option

best to avoid hospitals unless you’re needing to be hospitalised at present
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
As a frontline hospital worker all of us right now will say....please stay away from hospitals right now unless you have an appointment or require emergency assistance.

This is to minimise the risk of spreading infection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.