Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Evouchers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Ditto. Email just landed with me too. Progress.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Mail just in , they say I will get the voucher within 7 days. Fine for me we have to stay indoors anyway (in Belgium)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VA Silver, HHonors
Originally Posted by HP28
Is anyone else seeing an e-voucher request when trying to cancel an avios redemption booking? I thought these types of bookings would follow the normal process and would be fully automated and would redeposit Avios back to my account.
yes i am seeing the same (avios using an amex 241), and was expecting the same as yourself i.e. the normal process of avios back into account (along with 241 voucher) and tax back as cash less admin fee
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Ditto. Email just landed with me too. Progress.
Me too. I applied for the voucher Mon. email received this afternoon. Voucher within 7 days.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I must say that the BA eVoucher process is pretty poor. Booking disappear from my bookings well before any sign that the voucher is being processed. Then I get an email saying the voucher is issued with what looks like a ticket number but nothing in my vouchers section of my account. There is no indication in the email as to how much the voucher is valued at.

Once I have the email should the voucher show up in the vouchers section of my BAEC account?

How can I find out how much BA has credited me on the voucher?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not sure what the timescale is for vouchers - I applied for one on 18 March for flights on 23 March and have heard nothing yet and the flights are still showing in MMB.

Update: While on the phone dealing with a holiday cancellation, I asked about the imminent flights above. Agent said he had made a note that the voucher had been applied for and even if if it gets to OLCI or beyond I will not be treated as a no-show.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Mar 21, 2020 at 3:59 am
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Once I have the email should the voucher show up in the vouchers section of my BAEC account?

How can I find out how much BA has credited me on the voucher?
No, it's not that sort of voucher, like a GUF for example, and eVouchers - which are nothing new - have never shown up like that. And yes an eVoucher is a 125 number, in fact it should look like the ticket number on the underlying old booking that you are now not taking. And that is where you will find the value too: go to the e-ticket email for the original booking. At the end is an account of cash, Avios (if applicable), vouchers (if applicable) used in the transaction - and that is what your voucher should now hold.So in fact you can see what they have done here, they have taken the original PNR, and the ticket in it, swiped out the itinerary, and left the value hanging on within it. It's similar to the process for US Point of Sale or medical delayed bookings, if you have had one of those in the past.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
FWIW, the IATA code for Mont Joli airport is "YYY". That's the sort of code that I can imagine someone choosing as an apparently-random three-letter placeholder for the purposes of this exercise.
yep that is the we are using when ppl call in and want a voucher
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... And that is where you will find the value too: go to the e-ticket email for the original booking. At the end is an account of cash...
That link is not in the voucher email... just the voucher (ticket) number. There are no other links...?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
That link is not in the voucher email... just the voucher (ticket) number. There are no other links...?
Indeed no links.

Open you original e-ticket booking. Search for 125 in it. Compare this number with your recent email number. Hopefully there is a match. Then at the end of that older email there is a cash breakdown of cash, Avios, vouchers. This what your new eVoucher holds by way of value.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:48 am

eVoucher Refund Value with POUG

I have just got off the phone speaking to the Gold line. The only way I can describe how I feel right now is that I am incandescent with rage inside!

I paid £216 for ET tickets which I later was offered a POUG to CE for £575... a total of £791 paid.

With Covid-19 came the option to cancel for a eVoucher which I took.

I have just found out that the voucher value is £671.

I asked for an explanation... she said that the POUG £575 contained a change fee of £120 (£60 each) .

Nowhere have I ever seen that a POUG contained a non-refundable change fee. Now, you can tell me that it is in the T&Cs somewhere but that kind of info should be up front when you decide to take up the POUG. Is this mentioned anywhere in a way that I should have noticed it? I have been a member of this forum for a while now and never have I see anywhere that a POUG contains a non-refundable change fee.

Nowhere in the blub on the eVoucher request form, nor in any subsequent web pages or emails have I seen that I would not get back what I paid when taking the eVoucher option.

Am I being stupid here? Surely, unless it is clearly shown somewhere that the POUG has a non-refundable component then I should get back what I paid.

What am I missing here?

One of the incentives to take the voucher instead of waiting to see if the flight was cancelled (thereby ensuring a full refund under EC261 - it was cancelled BTW) was to help out BA. We thought that BA would need our business when normality returns and so I was more than happy to take the voucher... not knowing they would sting me for the change fee which I knew nothing about!

My loyalty is now complete evaporated and I will spend the voucher and then fly with other airlines. I can't see myself ever flying BA again unless I have no other choice.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:05 am

I guess you are flying in the next few days? If so how did you leave it, did you pay or forfeit the £120?

More fundamentally, can you confirm this was a Limited Time offer, as opposed to a fare difference upgrade done via Manage My Booking?
navylad likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
I very much agree that the voucher should refund everything that you have paid.

I wounder if the £575 POUG was actually a POUG or just a fare change upgrade with a change fee? It seems very high for a POUG from ET to CE. In general POUGs seem to be forming part of people's vouchers without issue.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: GGL
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:24 pm

Yes, it was back in May last year that I booked and yes, I really can't remember. However, the reason I am pretty sure it was a POUG, time-limited offer and not a straightforward upgrade via MMB is that I can't remember ever doing an upgrade unless it was a POUG! I suppose I have to accept it now and so, for my own piece of mind (and blood pressure!), I shall just assume then that I did do a upgrade via MMB and that the change fee was paid. Even so, I am very disappointed that BA are not refunding the change fee regardless under the circumstances. It is all very well saying change fees are non-refundable but remember this... my ticket was non-refundable and yet they gave me a voucher for that, so why not the change fee if one was paid. It is nothing short of taking advantage IMO.

I am still not at all happy with how BA are handling this whole situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.