Evouchers

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 22, 20, 7:14 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 16, 20, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Evouchers

Evouchers
i applied for an evoucher last Thursday for a SHV to DFW to LHR return flight on beginning on March 27th. Now I received an email inviting me to do just that. What to do? Reapply or wait for the email I should have gotten within 48 hrs with my voucher code info but haven't received yet.
Old Mar 16, 20, 11:26 am

See this posting

Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*

The process seems manual, given the likely volumes at present I would think there could be several days delay
Bcla likes this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sungod View Post
See this posting

Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*

The process seems manual, given the likely volumes at present I would think there could be several days delay
Thank you, sungod. I'm going to chill and stop getting so anxious. Will give it some more time.
Old Mar 16, 20, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC , IHG
What form of voucher is provided?

Posted this elsewhere with no luck so apologies for the repeat...

My OH and I have a long weekend to south of France booked via BA Hols (as flights + hire car), flying CE via Marseille, departing on Saturday.

At this moment there is no FCO warning in place, and my view of reports is that cases in that region are low – so I am happy to continue, however my OH is getting worried.

We have both received an email today from BA offering vouchers and wanted to ask what form these vouchers take?

As we have a BA Hol booking to MRU in Sept, balance payable in Aug, so if the voucher is a ‘cash’ value was wondering if I could use it towards the MRU booking?

thank you
Old Mar 16, 20, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Delboy65 View Post
Posted this elsewhere with no luck so apologies for the repeat...

My OH and I have a long weekend to south of France booked via BA Hols (as flights + hire car), flying CE via Marseille, departing on Saturday.

At this moment there is no FCO warning in place, and my view of reports is that cases in that region are low – so I am happy to continue, however my OH is getting worried.

We have both received an email today from BA offering vouchers and wanted to ask what form these vouchers take?

As we have a BA Hol booking to MRU in Sept, balance payable in Aug, so if the voucher is a ‘cash’ value was wondering if I could use it towards the MRU booking?

thank you
I don't know the BA holidays work but with the flights you get 1 yr to use the voucher towards another flight. If your new flight costs more you have to pay the difference. If it costs less you can use what is left on another flight.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Delboy65 View Post
There is a lot more detail in the Buy With Confidence and main covid-19 rebooking thread, but the short answer is yes, you should be able to use the voucher to pay off the BA Holidays balance.
Bcla likes this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I know things are not working the way they do normally but I am a bit concerned... my booking has completely disappeared from the BA system on-line... even if I enter the reference and name. yet I haven't got an eVoucher or even an email to say it has been processed!
Bcla likes this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet View Post
I know things are not working the way they do normally but I am a bit concerned... my booking has completely disappeared from the BA system on-line... even if I enter the reference and name. yet I haven't got an eVoucher or even an email to say it has been processed!
Actually that is normal (and good news from your perspective). Look again tomorrow including your email inbox.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Actually that is normal (and good news from your perspective). Look again tomorrow including your email inbox.
Thank you.

Can I just make a completely off-topic remark and thank you and the other knowledgeable members of the forum for help us all out so much during this challenging time. It must take you hours and all unpaid. I hope one day I will have the honour of meeting you and buying you a drink... after the social distancing is over of course
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet View Post
Can I just make a completely off-topic remark and thank you and the other knowledgeable members of the forum for help us all out so much during this challenging time. It must take you hours and all unpaid. I hope one day I will have the honour of meeting you and buying you a drink... after the social distancing is over of course
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sitting on a BA aircraft doing this, with the CSM bringing me drinks every so often, so it's making the flight go very quickly! Poor Hawky has the joys of office strip lighting to sweat under.
Globaliser, dcmike, Shingi and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:43 pm
Suspended

I was about to apply for a voucher online but I remember I also paid to reserve a seat in the emergency exit row. Could I also receive a voucher for that?
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1 View Post
I was about to apply for a voucher online but I remember I also paid to reserve a seat in the emergency exit row. Could I also receive a voucher for that?
I think you would get that included, yes, but again leave it to the very last moment (48 hrs, 24 hrs, 2 hours depending) just in case there is a cancellation in which case you still have the eVoucher option or the possibility of a cash refund, and the seat reservation fee is definitely included at that point.
Old Mar 16, 20, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by mcbg1 View Post
From the voucher FAQs:
Are seating and extra baggage purchases included in the value of the voucher?Charges such as excess baggage or seat selection will be transferred to the new booking.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ith-confidence
corporate-wage-slave and Bcla like this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 3:24 pm
Suspended

I think you would get that included, yes, but again leave it to the very last moment (48 hrs, 24 hrs, 2 hours depending) just in case there is a cancellation in which case you still have the eVoucher option or the possibility of a cash refund, and the seat reservation fee is definitely included at that point.
Thanks. My flight is on April 16th from LHR to KEF so I'll wait to see what happens. I'm Canadian so who knowns when I'll be able to go back to Europe.
Old Mar 16, 20, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC , IHG
There is a lot more detail in the Buy With Confidence and main covid-19 rebooking thread, but the short answer is yes, you should be able to use the voucher to pay off the BA Holidays balance.
thank you CWS, appreciate it's only an opinion , but gives me some confidence... though with the latest news from France am hoping fo an FCO update imminently

Search this Thread
Search Engine: