Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
need some help, i got both mine and my wife's award ticket avios and taxes refunded however we added a lap infant to our ticket earlier in the year and got those avios refunded but not the taxes. when asked BA about the refund they mentioned they see the infant's name added but never a ticket number hence they can't process a refund even though my credit card was charged. I went back to check all my old itineraries and they are right, my lap infant never got a ticket number despite their name added. what can i do to get my lap infant taxes back? thanks.
Definitely call your credit card company and decline the charge, the credit is almost instantaneous.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just when you think it is impossible for a new sort of problem to emerge, one duly does! Yes I can see the agents' problem. Your ticket was presumably queued for ticketing and then never made it before the world overturned. WIthout a ticket number the agents are stuck.

Your two options are
- go the Chargeback / Section 75 (if UK based) route. This may be easier, BA wouldn't be able to stop this very easily.
- alternatively send a Private Message to BA Refund Helper to see if they can unravel this.
i am not UK based unfortunately and it was actually BA Refund Helper who actually helped me uncover this issue. but thanks for the suggestions.

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Definitely call your credit card company and decline the charge, the credit is almost instantaneous.
i think this maybe the only route to go as i am based in North America. thank you
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Big thank you to BA Refund Helper - issued resolved in 24 hours.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:15 am

Many thanks again to BA Refund Helper for sorting out refund of second ticket (part cash/part e-voucher) which had been stuck in system since mid-April. All resolved within 48 hours. Great service.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by flusters
Many thanks again to BA Refund Helper for sorting out refund of second ticket (part cash/part e-voucher) which had been stuck in system since mid-April. All resolved within 48 hours. Great service.
Can I ask what type of voucher this was? I used a customer relations voucher on a cancelled booking and have had nothing to suggest that has been returned (the cash has been)
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:37 am

Refund requested 10/6 for a simple cash booking and back on my AMEX 11/6, much better!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Update

Originally Posted by Hoch
I called the GL at around 14:30BST, had four bookings cancelled and refunded. No waiting, took no longer than 15 minutes and it was extremely efficient

It it pained me to cancel as Master Hoch still won't talk to me about it

H
Of the four bookings cancelled on 07/06/2020, three were refunded to my card on 08/06/2020. The fourth is one is MIA (no, not Miami smarties ). I will give this one another week or so before I investigate.

H
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
Of the four bookings cancelled on 07/06/2020, three were refunded to my card on 08/06/2020. The fourth is one is MIA (no, not Miami smarties ). I will give this one another week or so before I investigate.

H
Was it a non standard booking e.g. reduced cash by using Avios or has the ticket ever been reissued due to schedule change etc.? If so, that may be why as it goes through a more manual process.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Can I ask what type of voucher this was? I used a customer relations voucher on a cancelled booking and have had nothing to suggest that has been returned (the cash has been)
Mine was a Price Match e-voucher.

You should ask specifically for the voucher to be replaced.
essexadventurer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Was it a non standard booking e.g. reduced cash by using Avios or has the ticket ever been reissued due to schedule change etc.? If so, that may be why as it goes through a more manual process.
Good question. It was a pure cash ticket. As it happens, the booking that was part cash and Avios was refunded on the 8th (the Avios were re-deposited on the 7th, that is, same day as cancellation).

H
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by flusters
Mine was a Price Match e-voucher.

You should ask specifically for the voucher to be replaced.
Thanks for this - exactly the same type of voucher as mine. I will give them a call in a bit.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:12 pm

Thanks to BA Refund Helper, money back on Amex Card today
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: DC, BAEC
Is BARefundHelper no more??
No longer appearing in the Private Message address book
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Bmi-fan
Still seems to be alive, was active <20 minutes ago.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...nd-helper.html
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bmi-fan
Still here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...nd-helper.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.