Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 6:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sprodo
So presumably still in a queue to be processed?
It was more to find out about the status of the booking. If that is all it says then your refund is under process. If there is a Mt-Jolie trip in there then you have got your FTV voucher already.
Old May 11, 2020, 11:09 am

Flight cancelled last Tuesday. Email confirmation arrived on Saturday, avios refunded yesterday and amex refund received today - along with paid seat selection refund to a different card. Pretty impressed, given how long others have had to wait.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I called BA again yesterday. My flight was MXP-LHR-JNB-DUR flying on 1st April. This changed to ex GVA due to the situation in Milan. BA cancelled and I requested a refund. It's still not on my card despite being told it would take around 7 days, 10 days ago. BA are now saying that it was rebooked in GBP instead of EUR and that this has caused the delay as the refund was rejected by my card provider due to it being a different amount. The lady I spoke to yesterday could give me no indication of when my fare will actually be refunded. I'm fairly easy going but this is starting to annoy me now.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Originally Posted by Cluster One
Another big thank you to BA refund helper. PM sent this morning regarding a Cash + Avios + Avios Upgrade booking cancelled on 14 March. Avios back in the account within 2 hours, awaiting cash back into the Amex account.
He called up and spoke to my wife (it was actually a booking for her) and she said that he was extremely helpful.
Just to update this, I had to contact BA refund helper again on 21 April as no cash refund had been received. He apologised and said that some bookings were proving difficult to resolve, but bear with them.
Full refund appeared in my Amex account on 1 May, although had a date of 7 April (the day after I initially made contact), processed 1 May.
I don't know if the delay was due to BA or Amex, but happy all is resolved.

As before, big thanks to BA refund helper
Old May 12, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Been waiting 31 days for a refund. I messaged BA refund helper yesterday.
No reply yet... can I assume this person will respond to me, or will I just keep watching my credit card for the magic?
Old May 13, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Having had my DME trip cancelled I telephoned BA on Monday to try and get a refund on my non-flexible hotel booking. As this was booked through hotelsandcars.ba.com (to receive 15 Avios per £) rather than BA Holidays I had a 8 digit numerical booking reference rather than the standard 8 character locator code. This resulted in a bit of cat and mouse trying to find out who to speak to. I ended up calling 6 different telephone numbers and speaking to 3 people that all gave different advice and additinal numbers to call. Ultimatly I discovered that these bookings were managed by Aviod Group Ltd and I must speak to to someone in the Executaive Club rather than commercial bookings. I was advised to take option 2 then 1 (Avios bookings)on the main 0800 number.

After about a 20 minute wait I got through to a very helpful team member that had no problem finding my reservation and issueing a full refund, even though the booking was a non-refundable rate. Refund is on my Amex card this morning.

Thank you BA.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:14 am

Another big shout out to BA refund helper! Cash and Avios back in my accounts withing 3 days of contacting them. Very grateful for the help.
Old May 13, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Grateful thanks to BA Refund Helper! New poster here but long time lurker. Been flying BA since 1992; leisure only, one or two trips/year. BA is the only airline we fly transatlantic. BA cancelled our April/May flights RT IAD to LHR. Flights booked as PE with Avios outbound upgrade to CW. Called BA on March 31 to request a refund. Only waited about 15 minutes to speak with a lovely agent. Avios refunded to our account before I was off the phone. The $392 paid for our seats posted to our credit card about 4 days later. Agent said because the ticket had been reissued so it needed to go to a different queue for the remaining refund & would take 10 to 14 business days to see the refund on our card.

Contacted BA Refund Helper on April 30 because we had not seen a refund. Received a message within the day that he/she would get to it within 48 hours. Today, May 13 the full, remaining credit posted to our BA Chase Visa. When I checked the details on the credit it showed it was processed on May 2 (the day BA Helper did the magic) & posted on May 13. I am very grateful for all the hard work this individual is doing to resolve these issues for so many people.
Old May 13, 2020, 8:06 am

Another heartfelt thank you to BA Refund Helper. After waiting since the end of March, I have received my tax refund on an Avios booking. I contacted him on the afternoon of May 9. My refund, dated May 11 showed up on my credit card this morning! Yeah!!
Old May 13, 2020, 11:16 pm

Massive thanks from me to BA Refund Helper - I’ve been waiting over 6 weeks for a refund for our cancelled flights with no end in sight. I PMd on Tuesday and monies showing back on card within 48 hours - terrific service!
Old May 14, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Another shout out for BA Refund Helper. Contacted them about a month after requesting refund, response within 24hrs telling me that refund had been actioned 2 days after my request had been received by BA; however, the refund had never reached my credit card account. After checking with my card provider that the refund had not been received by them, and BA Refund Helper doing some digging, refund was received in full this morning, 4 days later. Many thanks, great customer service - well done.
Old May 14, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
If only BA Refund Helper could go and help out at easyJet for a bit

BA have been getting a lot of flack, and probably rightly so in some instances, but both my BA refunds have been handled quickly and efficiently.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: Privilege - Qatar Airways - One World
Good luck with that. Our flights were cancelled with BA towards the end of March. I managed to get through on 31 March and requested a refund to my credit card. Mid April, after about 21 days, I phoned again as had received nothing. The assistant said she would put another request in and it would take 2 weeks. Still no refund after two weeks so called again. I was then informed that the re request had sent the original request to the back of the queue! So, we are now over 6 weeks on and I have still received nothing! I am really disappointed with BA and won't use them again. I understand that times are really difficult but I have read of people being refunded in days after their calls to BA.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I cancelled two different bookings on the same day, one for my immediate family and the other for my parents, for the same flight, and there is a huge difference in terms of processing times.

My parents' booking got refunded over a week ago, but they were in business/club class and paid using PayPal.

My booking in economy, paid by CC, has still not been processed.

Just wondering which factor made such a big difference, business class booking or PP payment?
Old May 14, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Jonesy321
Good luck with that. Our flights were cancelled with BA towards the end of March. I managed to get through on 31 March and requested a refund to my credit card. Mid April, after about 21 days, I phoned again as had received nothing. The assistant said she would put another request in and it would take 2 weeks. Still no refund after two weeks so called again. I was then informed that the re request had sent the original request to the back of the queue! So, we are now over 6 weeks on and I have still received nothing! I am really disappointed with BA and won't use them again. I understand that times are really difficult but I have read of people being refunded in days after their calls to BA.
Have you messaged BA Refund Helper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.