Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Cancelled a complex BA holiday on Sunday - refund due back across five cards - groaned inside when the agent said "oh it'll need to be manual"

Today we've all received funds. Great data point
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:52 am

I cancelled an Avios booking (with the Lloyds upgrade voucher) 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't even be processed. This lottery is ridiculous - especially with Avios where you cannot see anything online and you need to wait an hour to speak to them when you call.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VA Silver, HHonors
Hi, I am trying to cancel an amex 241 booking but when i get to the cancellation screen its offering/presenting me with a 'future travel voucher' option only - usually when i have cancelled 241's i get my taxes back (less an admin fee) and the 241 voucher back. I am not sure if this is a website glitch, maybe i have missed something or maybe i need to go through this 'future travel voucher' screen (its asking for my phone number and booking ref as input fields) before i get to the usual cancellation option of getting my tax cash back - any ideas? (i don't want to call BA and bother them with this at the moment - travel is a little while away yet)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Polishing Silver
Hi, I am trying to cancel an amex 241 booking but when i get to the cancellation screen its offering/presenting me with a 'future travel voucher' option only - usually when i have cancelled 241's i get my taxes back (less an admin fee) and the 241 voucher back. I am not sure if this is a website glitch, maybe i have missed something or maybe i need to go through this 'future travel voucher' screen (its asking for my phone number and booking ref as input fields) before i get to the usual cancellation option of getting my tax cash back - any ideas? (i don't want to call BA and bother them with this at the moment - travel is a little while away yet)
Yep - "glitch" or deliberate, trying to cancel online only directs you to the voucher route. To get a cash refund you have to call unfortunately. I have a couple I'm waiting to cancel but am holding off calling as travel isn't imminent
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I cancelled a flight this morning and was told 7-10 business days, and that the refund would be back on my card by April 1st. I'll see when it actually turns up!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:43 pm

Question and Im hoping this thread is okay for me to ask it in (I’m so exhausted and sad I can’t search right now)

BA just emailed me cancelling my flight from CAI-LHR and the LHR-CAI return but those were only part of my flight my full itinerary was/is CAI-LHR-YYZ and the reverse.

The LHR-YYZ flights are currently not cancelled but useless to me now.

The email said I can cancel the whole flight for a refund, but I can’t do it online because I used Avios and Cash...

flights were April 10-21 so I have Time- do I call BA or wait and see if they cancel the rest and automatically issue a refund?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
Earlier canx

Just had my LHR-JFK for 1st April canx - BA183 1950hrs. F booking with semi-flex. No email (yet) but noticed in MMB. Had to call for refund - was sent to the voucher screen online - and felt bad requesting the refund. Been Gold for 13 years consecutively and member of EC since 1996. Call centre rep lovely, informed and efficient- I should see the refund in 14 days, but ‘take my word for it’ as that team is not issuing acknowledgment emails. Needed that trip to requalify for Year 14 as Gold - so don’t know what happens regarding that. Take care all.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had a BA holiday cancelled on Monday.
Had email saying what the refund was going to be on Tuesday.
Had the refund today.
Much better than I expected...
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by expateacher
The email said I can cancel the whole flight for a refund, but I can’t do it online because I used Avios and Cash...

flights were April 10-21 so I have Time- do I call BA or wait and see if they cancel the rest and automatically issue a refund?
The only ‘automatic’ refunds are for BA Holidays products where they have chosen to be pro-active. For flight bookings you will need to call. You can do this at any time, the fact some of your flights are not yet cancelled doesn’t matter. Equally if you value your time over money right now, you can wait and call when the queues calm down.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
The only ‘automatic’ refunds are for BA Holidays products where they have chosen to be pro-active. For flight bookings you will need to call. You can do this at any time, the fact some of your flights are not yet cancelled doesn’t matter. Equally if you value your time over money right now, you can wait and call when the queues calm down.
This is my philosophy. I've still got 3 weeks until our dept. flight. So, I'm hoping that the phone waits won't be as long by then. But who really knows.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by koroleon
I cancelled an Avios booking (with the Lloyds upgrade voucher) 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't even be processed. This lottery is ridiculous - especially with Avios where you cannot see anything online and you need to wait an hour to speak to them when you call.
I cancelled similar booking on Tuesday. I was advised it could take up to 28 days for both cash and avios. The very helpful agent did say that if I needed the avios to make a new booking before re-deposit, that I should call n and they could potentially manually push the refund through.
If you are 3 weeks in, then I’d expect refund shortly.
In my case, I intend to let the process run its course. They have enough problems to deal with in the short term.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
21C problem: I requested voucher for 18 March flights on the morning of 17th. I knew I wouldn’t be flying and figured I had held on enough to see if flights would be cancelled - and they hadn’t yet. Sod’s law an hour later BA cancelled flights and I then requested a cash refund. Any experience of two requests being in progress? Obviously I’d like the cash refund request to ‘win’ in the race here.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Confus
thank you. This is the first time I’ve had a flight cancelled so I appreciate the advice.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Booked with BA Holidays, had the cancellation email on Saturday, refund seen on my card today (Thursday) so 4 working days
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Booked with BA Holidays, had the cancellation email on Saturday, refund seen on my card today (Thursday) so 4 working days
Same for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.