Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 flight operations | latest route info and schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago OHare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (From 16th June)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 15th June)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 16th June)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 16th June)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City Dublin 17 weekly
London City Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City Florence 4 weekly
London City Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City Glasgow 13 weekly
London City Ibiza 4 weekly
London City Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City Nice 4 weekly
London City Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow Nice 11 weekly
London Heathrow Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow Paris CDG 7 weekly
London Heathrow Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zurich 7 weekly
Print Wikipost

Covid-19 flight operations | latest route info and schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
BA15 and BA16 are no longer scheduled for the whole of April
Pretty sure you meant LHR-SIN BA11 and its return BA12 SIN-LHR cancelled.
It seems BA15/16 LHR-SIN-SYD are operating through April.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Interesting, this morning Google Flights and ITA were both showing no flights available for BA15 and BA16 (on LHR-SYD or LHR-SIN etc) but now they are showing availability again.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
JFK / NYC services

BA is moving its services from T7 to T8, AA's terminal in Kennedy. This isn't showing (yet) on BA.com's Flight Status, but emails are going out and at least My Manage My Booking has changed in the last hour to so to show T8. That helps with PreCheck and Immigration (though security in the USA is super slick at the moment), but not with lounges, the AA clubs are closed apart from customer service desks. There are shops and cafs operating in T8 on a to-go basis.

There are three services today and on Saturday, with an EWR service on Saturday.then no services at all to New York for 3 days (as a 4 decade NYLONer this is mind-blowing) until Wednesday 1 April.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD
My flight LHR-NCL (the only one of the day on Apr 1st has been cancelled as have all the rest of the flights following that until and inclduing 3rd April - does this indicate dropping of dometic routes I wonder. Can't see why they would carry on.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I cannot see any flights to and from NCL from the 29th March, nothing showing for April.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:20 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Missed in amongst post 266 is no A380 flights in April, and only a handful of routes with the 747, with some of these being on alternating days.

I believe Can I Help You posted a few days ago that this was likely to be the case.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I cannot see any flights to and from NCL from the 29th March, nothing showing for April.
Thanks CIHY - I was lucky that I managed to get out of MIA on 25th and caught a connection to NCL yesterday - the flight on 1st was my original return should have made that clearer. Now the April one is cancelled I can apply for a refund or perhaps not.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
With less than two weeks to go my IAD-LHR is still 'go', not that I'm expecting that it will be. What's more, they're trying to sell a 'limited time upgrade' to CW for 'just' $616, and extolling the extra features, such as:
  • Access our Club World lounges, a haven of calm away from the busy airport
  • Enjoy quality wines and champagne along with exquisite dishes made from the finest ingredients
  • Help yourself to a snack between meals from our Club Kitchen
  • More space, comfort and privacy in our seat that reclines to a fully flat bed or to the unique 'z bed', which offers a 6 feet 6 inches sleeping surface
So:
'closed'
'water and a snack'
'I doubt it' and
yes, (although privacy is probably not a problem at the moment!).
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CKBA
With less than two weeks to go my IAD-LHR is still 'go', not that I'm expecting that it will be. What's more, they're trying to sell a 'limited time upgrade' to CW for 'just' $616, and extolling the extra features, such as:
If one was being cynical - a quality of such rarity in this forum - one could take the POUG, knowing that if BA did scrub the service you could potentially be rebooked to another date, but still retaining CW.
sullim4, AdBoy and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If one was being cynical - a quality of such rarity in this forum - one could take the POUG, knowing that if BA did scrub the service you could potentially be rebooked to another date, but still retaining CW.
Or take the POU, fly in the higher cabin, but raise a chargeback for services not as described. Their fault for not removing the lines about champagne and food in the marketing bumf.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
FT and cynicism in the same sentence? Well pilot my plane and call me Sully
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Well pilot my plane and call me Sully
I can certainly do both... :-)
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:00 pm

Gate 8, Terminal 8, JFK, with India Alpha.

I hope I am not alone in finding the skies above New York something of a wonder. The cerulean tint, drawn from her maritime placement, is something that always evokes the "Wide awake in America" emotion in me. With the bittersweet circumstances, that sky has an even rarer quality. So this is G-VIIA at Terminal 8, huddling alongside a few, very few American Airline jets was quite a sight. I know that T8 has been used before, and of course will be BA's new home in JFK, one still hopes. BA's ground staff are working this service, India Alpha served as BA175 earlier today, now, on this cloudless beautiful evening in New York, she is about to return home at 21:15 tonight, as BA116.

Tomorrow it will be a relatively busy day for BA at Terminal 8 in Kennedy, with 4 services, 2 of which are also 777s, the other pair being the incomparable 747s, so uniquely attached to BA's flagship service.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Gate 8, Terminal 8, JFK, with India Alpha.

I hope I am not alone in finding the skies above New York something of a wonder. The cerulean tint, drawn from her maritime placement, is something that always evokes the "Wide awake in America" emotion in me. With the bittersweet circumstances, that sky has an even rarer quality. So this is G-VIIA at Terminal 8, huddling alongside a few, very few American Airline jets was quite a sight....................
Oh wow. And I seem to remember you telling me that you never drink ......... but methinks you’ve been on something a lot stronger than green tea to provoke this lyrical waxing .....

I’m currently 20 miles from central London and have to say that we have enjoyed skies with much the same cloudless tint as those in NY, throughout most of the day here.

But I jest. It’s a fine, perfectly-composed photo ; and I wish you a good flight, and safe travels back to base camp.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Interesting, this morning Google Flights and ITA were both showing no flights available for BA15 and BA16 (on LHR-SYD or LHR-SIN etc) but now they are showing availability again.
My family member booked onto BA16 from SIn to LHR in April recieved this:

Youre currently due to travel with us to London Heathrow. Due to the continuing changes in travel restrictions, wed like to give you the opportunity to rebook onto an earlier flight, as we will no longer be flying this route from 09 April.

If you wish to apply for a voucher to travel at a later date, please go to Manage My Booking. If you need to rebook your flight or discuss options with us, you can call us on 0800 727 800 from within the UK, or +44 (0)203 250 0145 from outside the UK.
NoTiersForMe and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.