Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, the offline FTV is issued to the passenger regardless of who paid.
I've been thinking, although I accept the answer of course, when a booking is refunded, BA refund the original FOP only. They don't take other passenger's details and credit their account. Seems like two different rules for similar situations!!
Old May 5, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Not the answer I wanted, but thanks anyway.
My FTV 's for two others and myself were issued in May and August 2020, in April 2021 BA sent me an email stating they are converted to E Vouchers that I can use online.
Each E Voucher is tied to the BAEC email address of the other passengers, when the email address and voucher code (125-ticket number) was added to another booking it was possible to use all three vouchers for a single booking.
Hope this helps some folks
Old May 5, 2021, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I've been thinking, although I accept the answer of course, when a booking is refunded, BA refund the original FOP only. They don't take other passenger's details and credit their account. Seems like two different rules for similar situations!!
Whilst I appreciate your point of view, this isn’t a refund so it isn’t really the same. Were it not for the added flexibility given by BWC/FTV you probably would be able to get back very little of the value of a booking which you voluntarily cancel.

You may get an evoucher of course which will avoid the issue.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:59 am

I've read through the full 54 pages and don't think I've seen my scenario raised:

Initially booked flights (in CW) and car package for March '22 in and our of Austin. The following day, BA announced their recent sale and I spotted some very decent F fares in and out of SFO for roughly the same dates (my wife and I weren't fussy about where in south-west States we went) that only added £500 to the cost of our package. Called BA to see what options were available to book/re-book the new package and after much tapping at their end, I was advised the simplest way was to make an entirely new booking myself (as the agent couldn't match the on screen price I was seeing), then cancel my original booking and claim a FTV that could be credited against the new reservation. The agent encouraged me to do this whilst I was on the phone with him, so that he could verify the new booking had gone on the system, before he went ahead and cancelled the original booking and requested the FTV on my behalf. Overall, very impressed with the service.

Original reservation (flights and car):

Only deposit paid £200
FTV Claimed and received for £200

New reservation (flights and car):

Booking price £4482
New deposit paid of £250

FTV value taken off booking price so now showing in MMB a cost of £4282, less £250 paid so an outstanding balance of £4032.

So, two questions. Firstly, if I were to cancel my new reservation in the future and request a FTV would BA see that I've paid £450 towards £4482 or only £250 towards £4282 and, therefore, would the the FTV be valued at £450 or £250? Secondly, MMB is now showing that I will receive the additional 'holiday' avios (1 avios per £1 spent) on the £4282 not the £4482 the trip will actually have actually cost me. Although these are only small sums of deposits and avios, for those redeeming larger value FTV it may have greater implications.

Last edited by shonerm; May 6, 2021 at 2:06 am
Old May 6, 2021, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by shonerm
I've read through the full 54 pages and don't think I've seen my scenario raised:

Initially booked flights (in CW) and car package for March '22 in and our of Austin. The following day, BA announced their recent sale and I spotted some very decent F fares in and out of SFO for roughly the same dates (my wife and I weren't fussy about where in south-west States we went) that only added £500 to the cost of our package. Called BA to see what options were available to book/re-book the new package and after much tapping at their end, I was advised the simplest way was to make an entirely new booking myself (as the agent couldn't match the on screen price I was seeing), then cancel my original booking and claim a FTV that could be credited against the new reservation. The agent encouraged me to do this whilst I was on the phone with him, so that he could verify the new booking had gone on the system, before he went ahead and cancelled the original booking and requested the FTV on my behalf. Overall, very impressed with the service.

Original reservation (flights and car):

Only deposit paid £200
FTV Claimed and received for £200

New reservation (flights and car):

Booking price £4482
New deposit paid of £250

FTV value taken off booking price so now showing in MMB a cost of £4282, less £250 paid so an outstanding balance of £4032.

So, two questions. Firstly, if I were to cancel my new reservation in the future and request a FTV would BA see that I've paid £450 towards £4482 or only £250 towards £4282 and, therefore, would the the FTV be valued at £450 or £250? Secondly, MMB is now showing that I will receive the additional 'holiday' avios (1 avios per £1 spent) on the £4282 not the £4482 the trip will actually have actually cost me. Although these are only small sums of deposits and avios, for those redeeming larger value FTV it may have greater implications.
On your first question, if you got an FTV now the value should be the value of the FTV used + any additional cash you have paid.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
is it still correct that an eVoucher cant be used for any ticket that contains flights with AY/AA/QR/whatsoever flightnumbers?
Old May 7, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flights in June for myself and wife have recently been cancelled by BA. These were paid for using Avios and an AMEX 2-4-1. If I take the voucher do I have to phone in to use it when the i am booking new flights or can the voucher be used online?
Old May 7, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Flights in June for myself and wife have recently been cancelled by BA. These were paid for using Avios and an AMEX 2-4-1. If I take the voucher do I have to phone in to use it when the i am booking new flights or can the voucher be used online?
As this is a reward booking you are converting to a voucher you will definitely get an offline FTV which you need to call to use. You wouldn't get online evouchers for a reward booking.
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I have an e-voucher with circa ~£100 in fees, 15,000 Avios and a 2-4-1 in. I'd like to use it to make a booking for myself, my wife and two of our friends, using another 2-4-1, to fly to EDI at some point this winter, mostly because the 2-4-1s will expire, we're about to earn another one, and we can't use the avios for anything else right now! There is thankfully plenty of availability.

Am I correct in thinking I should be able to call up and apply the e-voucher, and the new 2-4-1, and pay the balance of fees and avios? I'm hoping that this booking won't be too complicated and should be a relatively straightforward phonecall!
Old May 10, 2021, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by GabrielExea
I have an e-voucher with circa ~£100 in fees, 15,000 Avios and a 2-4-1 in. I'd like to use it to make a booking for myself, my wife and two of our friends, using another 2-4-1, to fly to EDI at some point this winter, mostly because the 2-4-1s will expire, we're about to earn another one, and we can't use the avios for anything else right now! There is thankfully plenty of availability.

Am I correct in thinking I should be able to call up and apply the e-voucher, and the new 2-4-1, and pay the balance of fees and avios? I'm hoping that this booking won't be too complicated and should be a relatively straightforward phonecall!
Yes that'd correct.

Remember that regardless of the original or extended expiry date of the 241, whilst it is in the FTV it is kept alive for use for travel up to the end of April 2023, so don't feel rushed to use the FTV.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:42 am

I've got a BA holiday balance due soon and have a couple of FTV's, can I use to pay this balance, if so do I have to call up? Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:01 am

If the Voucher value exceeds the required despot amount am I still required to pay deposit?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pc32435
If the Voucher value exceeds the required despot amount am I still required to pay deposit?
So this is a BAH FTV, and you have another BAH booking in mind? In which case you pay the deposit yourself and then email in the FTV for the BAH team to knock it off the final settlement amount. It's important to pay the deposit after you have the FTV confirmed to you.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Am I able to cancel a booking for a refund within the 24hr cooling off period, if I have partially paid for the ticket with an e-voucher ?

If so, will I get a full cash refund (presumably not) or a partial cash refund and new e-voucher to replace that used when making the booking ?

As a further q. can a-voucher be used to pay the taxes on an Avios booking ?

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Jun 9, 2021 at 3:01 am
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin flying club
Using a FTV which contains a 2FOR1 Voucher

I need to take a voucher for an Avios & 2FOR1 booking, so that my 2FOR1 does not expire! How do I then use this voucher when it's time to rebook? Does it show up once I go thorough the booking process? I can't find out how to do this anywhere! Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.