Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Glitch in the online system for award booking changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Right now I’m booked in about a week LAX-LHR. Something came available for a couple days earlier and I’d like to change to it as I fear a travel ban is in the works and every day may count. Should be a straightforward change in the online system, yes?

The “select another date” button gives me the correct available date, but when I “confirm date selection”, it brings me back to the previous page, and shows my selection as one day previous. Since there’s no availability on that date, when I go to book it says there’s no availability. No kidding.

I tried another random date and the same thing happens. Can this really be the online award booking change system for one of the largest airlines in the world?

Can’t get through to the call center now, understandably, and cancelling to rebook incurs a fee.

Anyone have advice? Assuming this availability doesn't disappear in the meantime. TIA!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hedur
I tried another random date and the same thing happens. Can this really be the online award booking change system for one of the largest airlines in the world?
Yes, absolutely so, it's sometimes not much easier for the staff in the Contact Centre either. There is a long project going on in BA to slowly improve the website and App, and sometimes I see something fixed which was a problem before and of course vice versa. That particular issue on redemptions may be short term, I was able to do a dummy move without apparent problem. But yes, call up (after trying again), the queues for calling have fallen a lot and an agent will be able to sort you out.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, absolutely so, it's sometimes not much easier for the staff in the Contact Centre either. There is a long project going on in BA to slowly improve the website and App, and sometimes I see something fixed which was a problem before and of course vice versa. That particular issue on redemptions may be short term, I was able to do a dummy move without apparent problem. But yes, call up (after trying again), the queues for calling have fallen a lot and an agent will be able to sort you out.
I was aware that the system had issues changing bookings with connections (especially if that booking involved different classes) but this is a LAX-LHR off-peak to off-peak change. Can't get more straightforward than that. I tried in both Safari & Chrome with the same result. I guess I'll try calling again. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.