Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA001/BA002 Club World London City cancelled 25MAR-26JUL 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA001/BA002 Club World London City cancelled 25MAR-26JUL 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
With what plane? They don't appear to have any at the moment, and I can't find anything that says they are due any deliveries.
I am guessing the prototype from the manufacturer. Apparently the OA management team has strong and influential connections within the aviation industry.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by KARFA
I saw BA1 for sale in September when I checked earlier.
Yes sorry I meant 31 August and back in September if BA brings it back.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by icegirl
I am guessing the prototype from the manufacturer. Apparently the OA management team has strong and influential connections within the aviation industry.
No prototype involved

The A220-100 (ex Bombardier C seres) is alredy in service and apparenently Odessy has 10 on order. Swiss has flying it into LCY for some time, It's one of the reasons LCY took Gate 24 off BA as it was the only part of the airport capable of fitting it in
icegirl likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Stuffed us too, long w/e in April, and BA1/2 were a key element not having flown the current incarnation of those flight numbers up to now (but yes, did do the “proper” BA1/2 &#128526. But at least it was an Avios booking and the hotel will give us a two year credit against future bookings on the full pre-paid non-refundable room costs. So we’ll just cancel and do it later (possibly forgetting LCY).
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
Word has it that Odyssey Airlines is planning to run this route with an A220-100 in all Business class layout very soon ad they have been running trials.
Great time to launch an airline. Especially one with a proven successful business model. Oh, wait...
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
i fear that this will be a opportunity to close this service. I have read the rumors and / or questions here every now and then.... hopefully i will be wrong. Please tell me that i am wrong. promise me that i am wrong... *cries*
alex67500 and JamieABZ like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Nephoi
i fear that this will be a opportunity to close this service.
I was about to say the same. I think this will be an opportunity for BA to quietly withdraw this service. It had its time but with Global Entry and US passports accepted at e-gates in the UK, this service doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mario
I was about to say the same. I think this will be an opportunity for BA to quietly withdraw this service. It had its time but with Global Entry and US passports accepted at e-gates in the UK, this service doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
Afraid you may have a point there. Some of the Canary Wharf bankers may still use it if they go directly to/from their offices, which may also be the reason that it suffers more than other routes under the current corporate travel restrictions. Long term, it may have had it's time. Shame.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Afraid you may have a point there. Some of the Canary Wharf bankers may still use it if they go directly to/from their offices, which may also be the reason that it suffers more than other routes under the current corporate travel restrictions. Long term, it may have had it's time. Shame.
i was on BA 1 last July. Cabin was half full, including a family of 5 and a party of 4 on their way to a beach and surfing holiday. not really bank guys

Follow-up question: what will happen with EUNA? WIll she (are planes/vessels female in the englisch language as they are in German) enter regular service after a redesign?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:58 pm

My booking for the 28th July is cancelled. JFK to LCY.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
i was on BA 1 last July. Cabin was half full, including a family of 5 and a party of 4 on their way to a beach and surfing holiday. not really bank guys

Follow-up question: what will happen with EUNA? WIll she (are planes/vessels female in the englisch language as they are in German) enter regular service after a redesign?
Not a change, at least not at BA. One single A318 makes no sense to operate. And seeing that the number of A318 in commercial service is less than 25 there is no real demand. Maybe a private jet conversion but I don't see it.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
(are planes/vessels female in the englisch language as they are in German)
No, we have 4 genders for nouns, so one more than the German language. But because "the" and "a" are invariable it's not so obvious (and most English people would be amazed to learn that there are 4 genders in active use). Ships and aircraft are female by long historical tradition, rather than neuter or common. Trains and cars are common, drones are neuter.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, we have 4 genders for nouns, so one more than the German language. But because "the" and "a" are invariable it's not so obvious (and most English people would be amazed to learn that there are 4 genders in active use). Ships and aircraft are female by long historical tradition, rather than neuter or common. Trains and cars are common, drones are neuter.
*grabs Orange Line 1* https://www.klett.de/produkt/isbn/978-3-12-548071-1 *cries again*

i only know common, rare, epic and legendary. but why distinguish between trains/cars and drones?!? argh :-)

thanks for that input. Helpful as always, CWS.

Last edited by Nephoi; Mar 11, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I do hope the service is sustainable enough to be reinstated when demand increases. I'd like to fly it again someday.

…what will happen with EUNA? WIll she (are planes/vessels female in the englisch language as they are in German) enter regular service after a redesign?
The sister aircraft EUNB was sold to Titan Airways: http://www.titan-airways.com/fleet/a...ess-class.html when BA003/BA004 was discontinued. Maybe Titan would buy EUNA too?

I'd think it unlikely to be converted to shorthaul and be the only aircraft of its type in the fleet without the CW LCY mission anymore.

Yes, vessels are still 'she' in English.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
I do hope the service is sustainable enough to be reinstated when demand increases. I'd like to fly it again someday.

The sister aircraft EUNB was sold to Titan Airways: Airbus A318-100: Business Class when BA003/BA004 was discontinued. Maybe Titan would buy EUNA too?

I'd think it unlikely to be converted to shorthaul and be the only aircraft of its type in the fleet without the CW LCY mission anymore.

Yes, vessels are still 'she' in English.
just to be sure, Ba 3/4 was the same service (LCY-JFK) just in the afternoon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.