Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA001/BA002 Club World London City cancelled 25MAR-26JUL 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:11 am
tor
Original Poster

I note BA2 (JFK-LCY) has been cancelled for most of July.

Is this virus related? And what are the best alternatives - just routing to Heathrow? LCY is incredibly convenient for me - but there might just be no other option.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by tor
I note BA2 (JFK-LCY) has been cancelled for most of July.

Is this virus related? And what are the best alternatives - just routing to Heathrow? LCY is incredibly convenient for me - but there might just be no other option.
Yes. The route will be cancelled up until the 26th July. Customers will be rebooked onto LHR services.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
EUNA always takes a summer holiday and a Christmas break, although usually it's August rather than July.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:15 am

I wonder would they book you on a LCY-DUB-JFK flight on BA/EI if that’s any better for you? At least you’d pre/clear US customs
BearX220 and Sealink like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Gutted! Mrs and I booked a specific route to use BA1. Just logged in to my booking to see it changed but no notification, just showing a new flight from LHR. Wondering what my options are? Can I push for something better? Just upset more than anything. Booked earlier dates than wanted to catch it before it breaks up for the summer holidays...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:49 am
formerly JackDann

I was looking to book onto BA1 with my Mrs for my Birthday and the availability literally disappeared infront of me whilst I was booking. Shame
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

This is already being discussed here :-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32168351-post424.html

There's a link to it about 10 posts under this one on the front page.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
i had a cancellation from AA for BA1 on 10Jul but a rebook with different flight number on same day (AA6905) so is still showing in MMB and was able to rechoose seats.

Seems i'll need to confirm with BA/AA!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO
I was also booked on the July 10 BA1 which would have been the return of my honeymoon. Rebooked by BA to BA117. Called AA to change to nonstop from LHR to ORD instead.

Really disappointed. It was meant to be an experience of a lifetime for us.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by gingeola
Yes. The route will be cancelled up until the 26th July. Customers will be rebooked onto LHR services.

I thought it’s been cancelled right up to 31 October. I can’t see any flights 26 July onwards
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I thought it’s been cancelled right up to 31 October. I can’t see any flights 26 July onwards
I saw BA1 for sale in September when I checked earlier.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sunyafei
I was also booked on the July 10 BA1 which would have been the return of my honeymoon. Rebooked by BA to BA117. Called AA to change to nonstop from LHR to ORD instead.

Really disappointed. It was meant to be an experience of a lifetime for us.
Also called AA (I wish their cabin crew were as good as this agent i spoke to), and now have UD on 747 (62A&B). Works out a little better as this was part of Germany to US sale last year and we now fly from FRA to JFK (via LHR) on the same day rather than add an extra day doing BA1.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Oh Dear! Was due on it the middle of May. Already had to have the trip rebooked when AA changed the time of a connection a few weeks ago

Not has an email yet - (I booked via AA.

Just checked BA MMB - change not even highlighted there - but BA put me on an LHR flight that departs at 08.25 - five minutes before I land in LCY...

Nothng showing on the AA app.

Guess I'll be playing with google flights the next couple of days
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Word has it that Odyssey Airlines is planning to run this route with an A220-100 in all Business class layout very soon ad they have been running trials.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by icegirl
Word has it that Odyssey Airlines is planning to run this route with an A220-100 in all Business class layout very soon ad they have been running trials.
With what plane? They don't appear to have any at the moment, and I can't find anything that says they are due any deliveries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.