Wiki Posts
Search

BA 2733 delayed 2hours 30 mins

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
BA 2733 delayed 2hours 30 mins

Currently the app is telling me our flight is 2.5 hours late.

It seems tone taking off from Gatwick on about 45 mins late.

What with ACE being a very depressing airport and BA not paying for members to use the lounge this looks like a rather painful 4,5 hours in the food court.

I don’t really know what I am really asking as I’m sure the check in desks will only be open for the scheduled times etc. We have a bag to check in.

Anybody got any comfort for me?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Yeah try this thread Lounge Lanzarote ACE

You do get lounge access
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Is this related to the French ATC strike?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Super thanks, I was looking at a thread earlier this week which said no. Must have been an old thread, there is almost an incentive to get in slightly earlier to grab a soft seat
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by navylad
What strike? Flying back from BSL tomorrow... :S
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Delay back into 59 mins, the French luncheon must have finished earlier than expected!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:05 am
Original Poster

When we arrived at the airport I enquired about the availability of an upgrade to CE for us.

Background being I booked a car with these flights and therefore lost the ability to receive upgrade offers (now classed as a BA Holiday) and we missed out of precious Tier points.

The checking in agent said he couldn't help but doubled checked by phone just in case. It transpired that they will be able to do this at ACE from the 10th March, what luck! It was however stated that there were three seats available and we could upgrade on board. This was confirmed by another member of staff.

On boarding the CSM was fairly dismissive of me and stated there isn't any food on board for the people already here. I don't mind it not being possible but I do object to being given miss information and to be treated like I am a bit of an idiot for acting upon said information.

Grateful the flight was only delayed by an hour and we did get into the Lounge (after a small wait for room, others were not so lucky and don't get me started on people taking up chairs with bags whilst other stood outside in a packed airport); not so grateful on two diversions turning an hour car journey into to two.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
Yes confirmed as due to circumnavigation of French strikes
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
The checking in agent said he couldn't help but doubled checked by phone just in case. It transpired that they will be able to do this at ACE from the 10th March, what luck! It was however stated that there were three seats available and we could upgrade on board. This was confirmed by another member of staff.

On boarding the CSM was fairly dismissive of me and stated there isn't any food on board for the people already here. I don't mind it not being possible but I do object to being given miss information and to be treated like I am a bit of an idiot for acting upon said information.
Unless something has changed very recently, you absolutely cannot buy an upgrade onboard. Food is generally loaded 100% ex-London so if you did upgrade last minute downroute, there would be no food for you. I don't know what the ground staff were talking about. Maybe they got confused and thought Club was like extra legroom seats on other airlines where the crew actively try and upsell these seats once onboard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.